JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The reason why i hate commercial rap so much

Jazzy Julie

i was on youtube once again watching a mr pregnant (youtube celeb) video. He was saying how much he hated rap music and how people that listen to it are "low life's". Now i dont listen to his opinion very much as this is the guy who says he would never date a black woman and how he hates fat people even tho he has man boobs himself.

Anyway it got me thinking how when people ask me what music i like, i cant just say rap as people immediatly think of commercial crap, but i have to say rap and rnb and then give examples. People left some comments saying how they agreed and some said he was talking about gangsta rap and not all rap.

This is what recent rap music has done, it makes ignorant people like mr pregnant think coz we like decent rap music we are some kind of scum. Heres the vid so u can see what im talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKoM7-83DJY

I usually don't worry over what people think about what music I like, everybody has different tastes, besides there's good music and bad music in every genre, if you says that you like pop people could think boy bands instead of real artists like Michael Jackson

No I'm not that shallow, I don't care either cos people will judge me for other things if they are any decent person themselves. I often say I'm into Old School Hip-Hop if anyone asks. I'm not lieing either cos i'd say over half my Hip-Hop collection pre-dates 1995, yeh i know that isn't too old school itself but the general music lover would catergorise pre-95 as old school.

I always have to preference what type of rap I like as well. There is a lot of trash out there being peddled as "good" rap & R&B when it's really straight garbage. I think you do have to tell people that you're a fan of so-and-so. I tell people that I like old-school hip-hop and artists like Cross Movement, Mos Def, Talib, Common and Lupe.