JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BOBBY BROWN TO BE ARRESTED

Updated:2006-10-03

Judge Orders Bobby Brown Arrested

CANTON, Mass. (Oct. 3) - Being Bobby Brown ain't easy these days. A family judge ordered the singer arrested if he steps foot in Massachusetts after Brown failed to show for a hearing Monday over delinquent child support payments.

Brown's attorney said it's a "very difficult time" for Brown, 37, whose tumultuous marriage to Whitney Houston is coming to an end. She filed for a legal separation earlier this month.

"Whether or not he's going through a divorce doesn't negate the fact that he still owes child support relative to his two children that he had prior to his marriage," said Norfolk Probate and Family Court Judge Paula Carey.

Kim Ward, of Stoughton, the mother of two of Brown's children, says Brown owes two months' support, or $11,000.

In June 2004, Brown was sentenced to 90 days in prison for missing three months of payments. That sentence was immediately suspended after Brown made back payments totaling about $15,000.

Brown's attorney, Phaedra Parks, would not say where Brown, a Boston native, is currently living.

"It's just a very difficult time for him, as you can well imagine," said Parks, an Atlanta-based entertainment lawyer. "The media is very aware of this very public divorce that's going on right now. It's unfortunate we find ourselves back in Boston on this matter."

Brown gained fame as a member of New Edition and for his 1988 hit solo album.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for bobby whatsoever, he's been having child support issues for years, and he obviously knows what'll happen if he doesn't pay. I think any able bodied man who has kids and doesn't take care of them is lame as hell, time to stop living off whitney if she's really let him go. He should have figured something out a long time ago, especially if he knows he's dealing with a "baby momma" who coming for hers every month (regardless of whether or not he has it) I heard whitney had a prenup, smart girl.

Edited by MissAshley

Sorry but I have no sympathy for bobby whatsoever, he's been having child support issues for years, and he obviously knows what'll happen if he doesn't pay. I think any able bodied man who has kids and doesn't take care of them is lame as hell, time to stop living off whitney if she's really let him go. He should have figured something out a long time ago, especially if he knows he's dealing with a "baby momma" who coming for hers every month (regardless of whether or not he has it)

:word: I feel you on that one Ashley...If you have kids you should take care of them..simple!

Good point...but i still feel that he's just one of those people that the media is out 2 get. The media is just like a huge parasite trying 2 drain the life out of certain artists and they'll stop at nothing 2 let them appear normal or let them carry a career.

Bobby Brown is a big name in his own right, I don't think he was just living off of Whitney, but that's a whole another discussion...This should just be a private matter that Bobby Brown and his baby motha should settle, the media shouldn't make a big deal out of this, I agree with AJ