JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

TLC NEWZ

JumpinJack AJ

As most people know, TLC is my 2nd favorite group...but i've been slippin.' So i spent this evening catching up. I know there are other TLC fans here...especially Julie...so here some news.

The girls are releasing a skincare product that they are very involved with and will be used in the advertising. T-Boz has her cartoon Class of 3000 debuting in November or December. A Left Eye documentary is in it's final stages of production.

Last but not least, the real news is that Chilli is still working but coming close 2 finishing her solo album. The album is said 2 be similar 2 TLC's sound and that she's signed to Akon's Konvict label which is joined with Interscope. Just recently, a song from the album waz leaked and it caused crazy drama and her camp has done everything they could 2 get it under control. The song is called "Gameproof" and it features T-Boz (music 2 the ears of TLC fans).

For lots more TLC, go to www.cyberTLCworld.net

That site is basically the equivalent of this side for JJ+FP.

I actually got my hands on "Gameproof." The song is excellent. It's a nice mid-tempo R-N-B song with a dash of soul and a dash of polished appeal that will get her support from top 40 radio. T-Boz definitly compliments the song in a way that makes TLC fans feel very at home.

I may be biased, but when i compare this song to the new music by Janet Jackson, Beyonce, Rihanna, and other popular female singers...not only does this song stand out, but i think it's better than most of their music all together. This would have been a great single for the summertime.

Yeah, Left Eye dropped the artsy Supernova album in 2001 (which still isn't released in the US...tho' u can find imports fairly easy) and alot of collabos. Left Eye did a really good song with her group Eygpt (who were in the SUV with her when she had the accident). I heard the song and it's good...but their album is probably never coming out. There is also a doctored song that Raindrop (Left Eye's sister) is putting on her album. T-Boz has also done a handful of soundtrack songs and collabos with talks of a solo album. Her most recent collabo is on the YoungbloodZ new album. I don't like them, but i got the CD just 4 the track with her...she sounds good on it.

Chilli has only done one song outside of TLC project and that waz with the R-N-B group Vega. They were a very talented group but their album never came out. The single "Mommie" (i think that waz the title) had a snippet of the song with Chilli on it. I, however, found a promo copy of the album with the full song and the song beautiful.

After hearing about T-Boz's and Chilli's solo albums for so long, it's good 2 know that there is finally something coming out.

Thanks for the info AJ, definately some stuff to be looking forward to