JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Doin PS Vid

Luigie

Okay.. We are talking about Will Smith, not about some kind of upcomig Mc that has nothing to say about his Videos. If Will would have aproblem with that stuff, it would be diffrent. Ya`ll seriously think Will had nothing to say while shooting the Video?

:word:

If you think party starter is a party song..you've missed the point :bufordpusser:

:word: party starter doenst means exactly wat y'all thinkin, even if that was a party song liek that i wouldnt like that line dancin cause aint very "hip hop"ish

Yeah the line dancing isnt very appropriately placed, but its cool and a bit of fun. I dont see the problem really, it doesnt take the importance of the lyrics away, its just something they did in the video. And Will must have been cool with it because he has enough power to cut anything he didnt want to be shown. When you listen to the track without the video, you dont think of line dancing, you think about the depth of the lyrics. Lyrics make the song, not the video's content at the time of the lyrics.

• Admin

I dont see the problem really, it doesnt take the importance of the lyrics away, its just something they did in the video.

I think it does. When I see that I think of Will having fun moshing and line dancing..what he is saying is completely lost on me.. Also lets remember party starter was a complete flop.. maybe if the message of the song was focused on it might have done better.. Targeted to a hip hop audience

i think what Will tried to do with party starter was to get the best of both worlds. He used the deep lyrics for people like us that listen to the lyrics, and he made it into a party track for people like lorettas or wack rapper #1 fans who dont seem to judge a song on lyrics. Unfortunatly it didnt work.

i did find with the video tho, i was too busy looking what was going on in the vid to listen to the lyrics.

i think what Will tried to do with party starter was to get the best of both worlds. He used the deep lyrics for people like us that listen to the lyrics, and he made it into a party track for people like lorettas or wack rapper #1 fans who dont seem to judge a song on lyrics. Unfortunatly it didnt work.

You do 2 things and then they both gonna suffer!?????

• Admin

You do 2 things and then they both gonna suffer!?????

:3-laugh3: :3-laugh3:

It`s a party song. Ya`ll are searching way too much behind that song. Ok, it has a deep verse, but I`m shure Will wants it to be a party song.

I doubt Will had anything to do with it.. bad choice by the director having Will line dance while hes talking about the sad state of hip hop

Yeah I think the same and if it's a party song or not...don't matter that much! I think it's both! It has great deep lyrics and is a party song tho'! So I love it just like I love every song of Will! :2thumbs: