Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XIII

Da Brakes

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LUPE FIASCO - Kick Push

DJ Envy presents Lupe Fiasco Chi-Town Guevara Mixtape (2006)

If u go 2 Circuit City this week, u get a free Lupe Fiasco mixtape with the purchase of any Hip-Hop or Rap CD. It's 44 minutes long!! I've only skipped thru' it at this point. I'm not sure how many of these trax will make the album, but here's my mini-review. His lyrics and flow are lightyears in front of most rappers who dropped their 1st album after 1996. His lyrics aren't totally squeaky clean but they are very refreshing cuz his rhyme aren't weighed down with cussing. Over half of this mixtape has good production. A handful of beats are even on the level of "Kick Push." This cat definitly has promise. I'd like 2 see the actual album polished up just a bit more than this.

LUPE FIASCO - Kick Push

DJ Envy presents Lupe Fiasco Chi-Town Guevara Mixtape (2006)

If u go 2 Circuit City this week, u get a free Lupe Fiasco mixtape with the purchase of any Hip-Hop or Rap CD. It's 44 minutes long!! I've only skipped thru' it at this point. I'm not sure how many of these trax will make the album, but here's my mini-review. His lyrics and flow are lightyears in front of most rappers who dropped their 1st album after 1996. His lyrics aren't totally squeaky clean but they are very refreshing cuz his rhyme aren't weighed down with cussing. Over half of this mixtape has good production. A handful of beats are even on the level of "Kick Push." This cat definitly has promise. I'd like 2 see the actual album polished up just a bit more than this.

damn i dont think i can go this week, cuz i ran out of money, but i'd like to hear that mixtape. i've been listening to Lupe a lot lately, ive been tellin people he's dope!