JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Donell Jones-Journey Of A Gemini

Turntable

Yesterday I bought some new records. One of them was this one. Donell Jones`s new album,"Journey Of A Gemini". I know some of you love good R&B as much as I do. So I thought I`ll tell you a lil something about this piece of art.

B0000DZ3FV.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

1. Special Girl

2. Better Start Talking Feat. Jermaine Dupri

3. I'm Gonna Be

4. My Apology

5. Spend The Night

6. Portrait Of A Woman

7. Cry

8. Ooh Na Na

9. Feelin' You

10. Can't Wait

11. Lust Or Love

12. If You Want Feat. Bun B

13. Cuttin' Me Off

14. Another Life

15. I'm Gonna Be Feat. Clipse

Well, where should I start? I just keep it short. Its a great R&B Album! Almost all of the tracks are just incredible smooth! He realy uses his nice voice in a great way on this one.. The Prodcution, over all, perfectly fits. Besides love & makin`love, he also includes some other messages in his songs sometimes, for example on the song "Cry". There are some sonsg that are a lil uptempo, like the Track with JD. But even that one is smooth. Its just a bed room album. Its been a while I heard something like that. Whoever likes R&B should at least give a listen to it sometimes.

I usually wait on AJ to let me know whats up with good R&B albums, but Donell Jones got it going on, so if ur saying its as good as the last one (which i loved)... imma get it next pay period. lol..

so thas 2 albums.... or is it 3 that im spose to get? lol

peace,

cookie

I'll talk about the album more later...so all i'll just say it's really good at the moment. Fuq, if u are gonna check Donnell Jones for the 1st time...i urge u 2 check his 1999. That's his best....but all 4 of them are good. His 1st one (from 1996/1997) is probably his 2nd best...but i haven't gotten 2 familiar with the new album yet.

Like fuqI like some songs that I've heard from Donell Jones but I never really got around to checking any of his albums either, I might look into him a bit more...