JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I cant help it, I need to show love to Kanye

Turntable

Ya`ll know him. Kanye Weßt. His beats are great, we know that. His music is ok to me, at leats he sometimes talks about something good. But we need to shot this guy some love.. Think about it: He managed it that Talib Kweli had a Hit. He helped Common, and he did great job bringing him more to the mainstream. And last but not least... Rhymefest, Lupe Fiasco etc. Kanye is pushing them like hell, and thats great 2 me. They are great talents, and realy something that Hip Hop needs right now. I mean, did yall check Rhymefest`s album? Damn.

I dont know why this came up to me, I dont even realy like the guy.. But I just gotta show him some love for realy helping Hip Hop these days.

Edited by Turntable

Kanye's one of the few newer artists in hip-hop over the last few years that has put substance in the music he makes and he's been very good in help bringing other talented artists into the industry where they probably wouldn't be there if he didn't help them since not many labels look for the most talented when they sign somebody, he might not be the best rapper/producer ever but he definately deserves some props for what he's done...

Exactly. Shure, Juelz Santana, Papoose etc. They are talnted guys.. But at the end, they dont come as fresh like Rhymfest 2 me. They just talk about stuff allot of peopl eallready talked about a 100 times. Its not thery fault, but stil... But yo, at least they pt effort in it, not like some other guys that dont even do that,lol

i think overhyped rapper #1 is really overrated as an artist

yes he is good, yes i have his cds but i mean like hes not that good lyrically, especailly on the track bring me down, i dont listen to that song cause the lyris are so bad on that song. like for example "the girls say no halbe inglek she dont like me how long she been gay" i feel like anybody could have come up with those lyrics.

hes good because he has good beats and catchy songs, i think thats most of it,

but i do respect him for pushing the artist, just like turntable said, its very true and i respect him for that.

but i dont think hes as good as people make him out to be

Lets look at the near classic material Kanye has given us -

The College Dropout - Jesus walks got acceptance in mordern hip hop- giving positive artists a real chance in the industry. Some of the lyrics were slightly below average but some were classics like "All Falls Down" and "Never let you down".

Common Be - In my opinion one of the greatest albums to come out in the past few years. Lets face it Common could have easily been overlooked if Kanye hadn't shown him love.

John Legend Get Lifted - Some good mordern R&B which I can actually listen to and enjoy! John Legend is actually my favourite R&B acts along with R.Kelly!

Lupe Fiasco - I could keep going on hot this cat is. A positive dude basking in the acceptance of Jesus Walks.

Mr. Blue Collar Rhymefest - If you check my posts on the "What ur listening to" thread, I have been listening to a lot of Rhymefest lately. His stuff is so fresh and intelligent. I feel this guy way more than cats like Papoose or J.R. Writer.

Not to mention his production on countless classics by Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Jay-Z and many more!

I have to admit that some of the lyrics on Late Registration were really corny the worst of all is on "celebration" -"grab a drink, grab a glass- after that I grab ur ass". But there were some quality tracks on that too! So I guess props have to be given where they are due. Although my interest in his music has slightly faded I wish cats would stop disrespecting him in this board! :smart: