JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Janet Jacksons New Single

Turntable

I just found her new single, for the ones who didnt hear it yet. Its called "Call On Me" & it feautures Nelly. Its produced By Jermain Dupri. Its a beatifull track to me. Nelly realy comes good on songs like this and it matches with Janets voice. I realy love this Track. I hope its getting some air. I dont want another Janet Album to flop. Anyway, Check it out ya`lll.

CALL ON ME

Edited by Turntable

I heard the end of it on the radio. I liked it. The song was done in the same tradition as the stuff on her last 2 albums....light, breezy R-N-B. I didn't hear Nelly's verse...but i'm thinkin' i'll be searching for Radio Edit without Rap.

I heard this song a few days ago on the radio and I think it's great, it seems that Nelly got more skills as a singer than he does as a rapper too, lol, btw she got contest on her website where the fans could decide what her album cover for the album's gonna be:

http://designme.janetjackson.com/

K, i just listened 2 the whole song. I must say...Nelly is an awful singer. But at least he doesn't try 2 be some phony hoodlum when he sings. I like the song, but the unecessary and chemistry-lacking appearance by Nelly baffles me.

Thanx 4 posting that Ted, i'll have 2 check out that link.

Janet, Nelly, JD..."thug"...i think not.

Her last album didn't flop, it just didn't do what her others did. She got 2 big hits out of that album. I just think times have changed which makes it harder for certain artsits 2 get sure-shot hits like before. TLC, Toni Braxton, Boyz II Men, Jon B, Whitney Houston, etc all used 2 be top sellers. But these days they sell less. Janet's "All For You" came out in spring 2001 when life waz brighter for alot of people...and her music reflected that. Pop and radio friendly music waz still thriving. With the terroist attacks and other crazy events around the world, music changed for the darker and for the heavier. "Damita-Jo" had the same vibe as "All For You" but the change in music and the change of the times is where the change of acceptance came. At least that's how i explain these chart-topping artists selling less in these recent years.

Yeah Janet's last album didn't flop, I think it sold around as much as Will's "L&F" did, like AJ said it's hard to be popular for such a long time, she's been an artist that stands the test of time, not many singers from 20 years ago are out now with hits, btw I saw the premiere of the video for this song on 106 & Park last night...

Edited by bigted

Yeah Janet's last album didn't flop, I think it sold around as much as Will's "L&F" did, like AJ said it's hard to be popular for such a long time

Yeah, bot the album before before it was huge. But your right.. it depends on what you see as a flop. Ashantis last album sold amost a mil and they also said thats a flop..

Yeah well if you compare her last album to her previous ones then it's a flop but she's still one of the most popular singers, it's hard to sell the same amount all the time 'cause times change and a lot of fans come and go...

Edited by bigted

I'm a huge Janet Jackson fan,... and I added it to my myspace muzik about 2 weeks ago... and I love it. Janet is on my friends list, ...and if u guys wanna give her a shout.. feel free. She does check her myspace everyday, and its NOT her assistant... strait from Janet herself... :2thumbs:

When it was first released on the radio, some ppl were not showin her love,...but I've always been her fan from her very first album... shes definately a great entertainer...

peace,

cookie