JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J's The Definition a classic club album?

ME YES :2thumbs: ! The only thing i didn't like was timbaland all over the album and only 11 tracks but

Quality>>>Quanity

And i wanna see someone put Party Starter over the track 11 beat!

Edited by markwinfield1

I wouldn't call it a classic at all. It's a good album, but not a classic. While Cool J always come correct on the flow and deliverly...and of course lyrics, but half of the trax have watered down, b-level production.

Yeah I enjoy the album for what it is, a feel good party album, I wouldn't call it a classic but it's a pretty dope album, I like most of the production on there too, I don't understand what tracks had watered down production? Timbaland's one of the top producers in hip-hop, there's no way production could drag down the quality of an album if he produces most of it, the thing that brought it down from being a classic is that LL's lyrics weren't as strong as they could've been for his standards, you couldn't deny the way he flowed through those tracks though... I wish that unreleased track that Will did with Timbaland got released 'cause he's a great producer, btw I agree that "One In The Morning" track is amazing, DMX's main producer Dame Grease laced that beat and LL killed it with some of the best lyrics he ever done with a hardcore flow, if

all the tracks were like that it'd been a classic album undeniably...

Edited by bigted

Yeah, I really love the "One In The Morning" track, probably my favorite on the album, although "Feel the Beat" is good, too. Those two tracks are definitely my two favorite from that particular album, both have great lyrics and flow and the beat for "One In The Morning" is crazy.

I got the album about 5 months ago after hearing 'Hush'... which I loved. Played the album once and thought it was OK, have never listened to it since. In fact, I nearly put it on today but I popped The Magnificent in instead haha, I'll give it another listen...

Yeah, The DEFinition is one of many albums that i put away for awhile...but when i put it in again, i'm like "man, this is good."

"1 In Da Morning" has been said by many critics 2 remind them alot of early LL stuff made new. I agree. I can't help but love the energy and wit of that track.

I love "1 in the morning" and "feel the beat" too! But apart from that it is average at best, the production is watered down, the lyrics are not really my style and there is a certain point in the album where LL thinks "impossible " is two words (which is one in case you didn't know). So in my opinion it is not a classic but a nice feel good album with two great tracks.

Well i thought it was a great party/club album, i didnt like hush that much, but headsprung is definetely one of them tracks you can pop in later and still feel the energy from it..........but the album was average, not nearly classic LL though