JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kind of a dream for me that came true

We are all fans of Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince. We love the music and after we hear and feel it, we get the urge to perform it and pretend like you're the Fresh Prince and get the crowd going on the mic. Tonight my friend Chris held a graduation party at the Holiday Inn. There was a DJ playing jams and after my friend Chris and this kid Ryan sang some song - people wanted me to go up there and do a Will Smith song. I didn't want to at first but I looked through the guys CD collection for Will Smith and saw "Switch", "Wild Wild West" and "Summertime". I knew I wanted to do "Summertime". So I sat down and then the DJ called me up, he said 30 secs till the song begins. I did a few "mic checks 1-2" then "Summertime" hit. I felt at home since I knew all the words by heart. I did and I got my friends into it, some were even breakdancing to it. It was awesome. All I gotta say it was kinda like a dream come true for me, just to rock-shock the house.

Just a great time I had tonight, figure I share it with you guys. I know a few other people here have performed JJFP or WS songs - tell your experience too.

I performed once So Fresh wit a couple of friends at school! i did Will's verse i really enjoyed it, and the people liked it!