JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

ipod help

I'm trying to get album art on my ipod. I go to my ipod on itunes and copy and paste the album art onto the songs. But when I play my ipod, the album art doesn't show up. But it does show up when I'm on itunes. The setting is also on so that it will display album art. So, what's the deal?

So, what's the deal?

The deal is that you shouldn't have followed the disillusioned cult and bought an iPod - you should have bought a Creative instead. ;)

Sounds like a bug in the software to me. If it is, there might be a patch or something for it. I don't know.

Creative is the bomb Prince!! u got a Zen prince?

So, what's the deal?

The deal is that you shouldn't have followed the disillusioned cult and bought an iPod - you should have bought a Creative instead. ;)

Sounds like a bug in the software to me. If it is, there might be a patch or something for it. I don't know.

Creative is the bomb Prince!! u got a Zen prince?

Yeah, Zen Touch. 24 hour battery life baby! :) Filled up my 20GB already though.

I'm trying to get album art on my ipod. I go to my ipod on itunes and copy and paste the album art onto the songs. But when I play my ipod, the album art doesn't show up. But it does show up when I'm on itunes. The setting is also on so that it will display album art. So, what's the deal?

It's a glitch in the program... You need to delete all the songs in the playlist on your ipod. You then need to make sure that the songs in the playlist on iTunes have the album art... You can then copy over the songs onto the original playlist on your iPod and the album art should show up. I have both an iPod and a Zen Vision. I use the iPod for music and I used the Zen Vision to watch tv shows, music videos, movies, sports games, and I have some music on it as well.

Who needs a 20 gb Zen when you can get a 30 gb ipod video?

it's more cost efficient and may have features that some people like better like wma support instead of aac. also, i think there's a 30 and 40 gig zen out there too.

Yep, when you buy an iPod you buy it for how it looks. Not quality of battery or etc (all my friends who have iPods found that within a short number of re-charges, their battery lives were reduced to between 3 and 5 hours). I agree with you Wes - I would hate to have to have all the files in aac. wma is better for compression (therefore, you can get on so much more songs). I didn't go for the largest size because I thought I wouldn't need it. In my opinion all the new features such as video for the iPod are just gimmicky. But full credit to Apple - it's a successful gimmick.

i've always been a PC guy... so never really liked apple. i'd had good experience with creative in the past such as previous mp3 players, sound cards for my PC, etc. so this christmas when it came time to upgrade to a nicer mp3 player i looked at was was out there. a 6 gb ipod mini costed more than a 6gb creative zen, and the zen didn't lack any features that the ipod did. my only compaints are that on a rare occasion, the display freezes up while the music is playing. none of the buttons work, and i have the disconnect the battery for a minute. my other complaint is batter life. they claim it lasts up to 12 hours. my battery only lasts me about 4 hours total of music enjoyment. granted the HD is full and i listen at high volumes, i still think the life should be twice as long. other than that, it's a great piece of equipment.

yes, I know I followed the cult.

But the problem is that with my other .mp3 and .wma players, they wouldn't play downloaded songs (legal ones, I mean) and I knew that itunes and ipod would play downloaded songs that I brought. That's the main reason why I got it....oh, and the ability to downlod esisodes of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

and thank you Maxfly.

Edited by sonic1988

Really, Wes? I've never had any problems with it freezing up, and my battery life lasts between 23 and 24 hours.

yeah i just have your regular 6 gig Zen Micro, nothing too fancy about it. the battery for mine is probably different than the one you have. overall it kicks the ass of the mp3 player i had before this one so im not complaining that much.

Yeah, you have have to admit the ipod video has amazing picture quality for music videos and TV sows and movies and stuff.

Not really... The creative Zen Vision is far superior to the ipod when it comes to video and picture quality... also, it's screen is twice as large.