JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Outkast track - The Mighty O

Lerkot

Outkast has released a new track called The Mighty O and it has began to get some airplay in the USA but it was released like just last week I think so radio havent really caught it yet. I have only heard snippets but Im trying to get it the less legal way and should have it soon. Its produced by Organized Noize that also produced the whole Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, the title track from ATliens and So Fresh, So Clean from Stankonia. Nice to have them back.

It's about time that something from Outkast's coming out, it's been a long wait, I haven't heard it on the radio yet, so if u get the track post it here...

Outkast is making a movie called Idlewind (or My Life in Idlewind) and its a bit like Get Rich or Die Trying (but good) if I have understood it right, with the music in focus and all that. More like 8 Mile perhaps.

Andre och Big Boi says that it is more like an album only that it will also work as an soundtrack for the movie. Its doesnt have the kind of things that is usual on soundtracks, with loads of featured artists and kind of fictional tracks.

In addition to Idlewind they are also expected to release another album this winter or already in October. Gonna be interesting.

This is a hot track, can't wait till the soundtrack drops...

I found out that the soundtrack and movie's coming out in August:

OutKast Album, Film Penciled In For August

May 12, 2006, 3:25 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

After numerous delays, the OutKast film "Idlewild" is now slated to arrive Aug. 25 in U.S. theaters, three days after the release of its LaFace soundtrack. The first single from the album, "Mighty O," leaked online earlier this week. The cut features OutKast's take on Cab Calloway's famous scatting from "Minnie the Moocher."

Andre 3000's verse finds him resisting easy categorization: "The damsels in distress but they a mess / They only like my armor and that I'm a performer/ They read one magazine and want to think they're getting warmer / They're only getting colder."

Big Boi, meanwhile, reasserts his dominance over other rappers with lines like "Intended for anyone filling out this application / An estimate is needed for your underestimation / I'm firing on the spot, go back and check your calculations." Later, he threatens, "I'll hurt you like the president's approval rating by serving you're a** with words, fool."

Written and directed by Bryan Barber, "Idlewild" is set in the 1930s around the music and business of running a speakeasy. While it will fit the film's context, Big Boi told Billboard.com last year not to expect period music.

"It's hip-hop. It's OutKast. It is what we've been doing for years," he said. "Some songs have a little more piano or whatever, but the whole project was a natural progression from a double CD [OutKast's 2003 album "Speakerboxx/The Love Below"]. It was like, where do we go from here?"

Recording artists Patti LaBelle, Macy Gray and Fishbone's Angelo Moore also appear in "Idlewild," along with actors Terrence Howard, Faizon Love, Ben Vereen and Cicely Tyson, among others.