JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Legend" Moves Up To Summer 2007

"Legend" Moves Up To Summer 2007

Posted: Thursday May 4th, 2006 8:12pm

Source: Variety

Author: Garth Franklin

Will Smith is looking to start work this summer on the Francis Lawrence-directed "I Am Legend," a move that would give Warner Bros. a big Summer 2007 tentpole says Variety.

The shift would mean "Tonight, He Comes," in which Smith was slated to star this summer, would be delayed. Gabriele Muccino took over the helm recently but since Muccino is editing Smith starrer "The Pursuit of Happyness" for a Sony release in December, the studio pushed its superhero-in-existential-crisis pic until next year.

The moving up of Legend's production timetable is difficult as its a logistically complicated post-apocalyptic film about the last healthy man battling blood-sucking mutants in New York.

source via google: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060504g.php

*for some reason I can't get excited about any of these films, I'm only looking forward to "Pursuit", I hope that changes with time though

That's interesting. 'Pursuit, Tonight, & Legend' all sound pretty good to me. I hope this new director for 'Tonight' does it right.

D**m you Jonny! :lolsign:

Edited by Trey

A bit more news on 'Legend'

Will Smith is looking to get an early start on his new mutant movie, I Am Legend.

The Men In Black star is asking Warner Bros. to begin this summer on the Francis Lawrence-directed flick; it wasn't supposed to start until early next year.

According to Variety, the move would amount to a slot swap with "Tonight, He Comes" in which Smith was slated to star this summer. Gabriele Muccino took over as director of the film that's about the last healthy man battling blood-sucking mutants in New York

Source