JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will should have put the Music Video version of Party Starter as a remix?

^ Who agrees :wickedwisdom:

It had a much nicer beat though...

I don't think any of the remixes or the radio edit were the way 2 go. The album version is by far the best. They just needed 2 promote it better. Since "Switch" waz already a hit, they just needed 2 push "Party Starter" a lil' sooner and stronger.

I don't think it really matters, the problem with Party Starter was that it was promoted too little, too late.

"Party Starter" waz the perfect 2nd single. However, by the time it dropped...it waz time 2 release "Tell Me Why." "Tell Me Why" needed 2 be released...period. Whether it waz then, now, or later. That song needed 2 be released. Not just 4 commercial success...but cuz people need 2 hear it.

Pretty much ever song on Lost + Found would have made a good single/video/radio hit, but i'm thinkin' "I Wish I Made That / Swagga" would have been a good choice. Since it's 2 songs in one, and since they are very different, they would be appealing to 2 different kinds of music fans. Not 2 mention "I Wish..." totally attacking his greatest weakness...a lack of support from TV and radio.