JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

How many songs get cut from an Album

No way...Ne-Yo's album is amazing. I love it. Usually the picky artists record tons of songs 4 the album...and usually it shows. U have a remember that alot of those song Ne-Yo did were probably his own version of the songs he gave 2 other people 2 record. Just like Michael Jackson. Songs like BLACKstreet's "Joy" were originally for MJ, but when they didn't make his album, BLACKstreet did it. It turned out 2 be a big hit 4 them.

No way...Ne-Yo's album is amazing. I love it. Usually the picky artists record tons of songs 4 the album...and usually it shows. U have a remember that alot of those song Ne-Yo did were probably his own version of the songs he gave 2 other people 2 record. Just like Michael Jackson. Songs like BLACKstreet's "Joy" were originally for MJ, but when they didn't make his album, BLACKstreet did it. It turned out 2 be a big hit 4 them.

Yeah, ofcourse. Well I didnt like Ne-Yo`s Album caus of the production (It didnt do it for me, except for like 4 Songs. I loved the one with Ghotface). And his voice just inst strong enough for me to still buy his album even tho I dont like the production...

Yeah, ofcourse. Well I didnt like Ne-Yo`s Album caus of the production (It didnt do it for me, except for like 4 Songs. I loved the one with Ghotface). And his voice just inst strong enough for me to still buy his album even tho I dont like the production...

I agree with AJ, I love Ne-Yo's album too. You have to really like R&B to get into it tho, and some people aren't like that.

I agree with AJ, I love Ne-Yo's album too. You have to really like R&B to get into it tho, and some people aren't like that.

Girl I was bumping them Aretha Franklin Albums before I was able to write my own name, so I would say I`m into R&b etc.

The things with Ne-Yo and his Album is like this: He`s a nice singer and a very good songwriter, but his voice aint that strong. It sounds nice, but he aint no R. Kelly. So that`s why I start focusing on the production more. And that just realy aint my style except for So Sick and Let Me get This Right.. And ofcourse the truely amazing "Get Down Like That" and the Remix. The rest of the beats is just find teribly wrong. And if he realy would be one of a million when it comes on his voice I wouldnt care, but he aint. So my choice went to allot of other R&B records before I would get that one..

But hey I dont think its really bad at all, its for shure better like some other R&b Albums that are big right now, like that PCD and Chris Brwon Albums.. Thats realy just uncreative trash in my opinion.

You understand where I`m going with this? I dont mean this negative :stickpoke:

I think its just a matter of taste, and the production just dont fit with mine. That dont has anything to do with if you realy like R&B or not..

Edited by Turntable

LoLz, i think we are getting a little bit off topic here...

but as long as were are discussing r&b, what are your thoughts on Chris Brown, i think he has potential and his first album was pretty good, i'd say more than half of his album was strong (better than most albums atm)...

Ne-Yo recorded over 400 songs for his new album :1-eek:

Are you sure? I think you transposed a 0 in there or something.

And as far as Will's "bad" stuff, I'd like to hear just how bad it really is.

I remember seeing Ne-Yo on 106 & Park and saying that, I think he might've been exaggerating though just to hype himself up, since he writes for a lot of singers maybe a lot of those songs will be going to other singers

Edited by bigted

I would love to hear some of those songs, it would be awesome.

:word:

Yeah everyone records a lot of tracks for their albums that never come out, there's probably 100s of songs that Will recorded in his career that never came out, btw Ne-Yo recorded over400 songs for his new album :1-eek: Well I imagine the songs that never made "Born To Reign" were better than what was on the final cut, I mean how much worse could they have been, lol?

:mygod: That's a lot of songs!

Edited by Trey