JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

rap help

Using a rhyme dictionary sort of implies that what you're saying is contrived, and you're just trying to get words to rhyme as opposed to really putting your thoughts into lyrics, but I do see how it can be helpful. Everything in moderation they say... As long as someone isn't dependent on a rhyme dictionary, it's all good.

I'm not sure how you guys pronounce words, but it must be completely different from how I do, lol.

Haha, I was was going to say something similar. You really have to slur your words for balance to rhyme with orange, and even then you're reaching...

Porridge is about the closest thing to orange that you can get.

I think it'd be pretty foolish to not use all the tools you have available.

Do you truly believe that, or are you just trying to justify it? I dunno, I wouldn't be able to rhyme and feel comfortable with myself if I just inputted random words into a website to get words that rhymed with them. It would seen too fake, too artificial, and that's not what real lyricism is about.

Bah, nonsense. The point of lyricism is to express yourself in the most effective way possible. To get people to feel what you're feeling, see what your seeing, believe what you're believing. That's true lyricism. However you get there isn't important, it's the destination that counts.