JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Cent responds to Spike Lee Comments

bigted

http://www.blastro.com/news/

In "I got quotes for days" news, Curtis "Interscope" Jackson has finally responded to the slick comments that came out of the little homey Spike Lee's mouth. You know how 50 plays it.

Why actually I don't EbenGregory, care to explain?

Here's the short version: A couple weeks back, Spike Lee laid into 50 Cent for his "gangster" ways. He also took a few jabs at Irv Gotti. You can read all about that here.

Back to 50. The G-Unit Capo recently sat down with Bangkok Recorder magazine to talk about a variety of jazz including the recent comments made by Spike Lee.

Here's 50 Cent to Bangkok Recorder magazine on Spike Lee giving him the gas face: Like anything violent that goes on, they kind of put me to it. For instance, I think Spike Lee's new motivation for talking about me had something to do with the incident with Busta Rhymes' bodyguard: Cause, Spike Lee's not a friend of mine.

Here's 50 Cent to Bangkok Recorder magazine on Spike Lee's movie production skills: I actually dislike the part in his movies where the character stands still [and the camera pans back] and it looks like [the character] moves. I think that’s the corniest thing on the planet.

Here’s 50 Cent to Bangkok Recorder magazine on Spike Lee talking jazz: I don't know if Spike Lee actually has a problem with 50 Cent, 50 Cent's image or the things that are being projected on me, or if he just needs new press and publicity: Who's Spike Lee? Spike Lee's not relevant to 50 Cent. He's not even in my life. I could care less about him.

He's right about one thing, EbenGregory could care less so:

Here's some jewelry being dropped by EbenGregory on 50 Cent talking jazz about Spike Lee and EbenGregory doing a half a$$ story about it: The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any.

While the jewelry has nothing to do with the price of tea in China, it still looks good. Jewelry doesn't always match, but it always looks good.

BR: Like in Crooklyn?

50: Yeah, he does it in all of the movies. He’ll just stop and he’ll have the camera moving instead of the actual character.

I think it’s difficult to control [the misrepresentations]. Because whenever you become public property, you have to adjust to people’s opinions. But you can’t allow that to affect your day-to-day. I know what’s important to me and what I’m doing creatively. I can’t tell you, a journalist, ‘well you have a responsibility to write what you want the person that’s reading…’ You could be a journalist writing the actual story, but it’s your fault because you have a responsibility too - to not give people anything that inspires them to be bad. Which means that we think all the information in every story that we receive through our media outlets should be censored. But instead, you want to place those standards just on 50 Cent, just on music. And not even apply it to larger forms of entertainment, like film.

They protested my [Get Rich or Die Tryin’] poster boards because I had a gun in the poster boards. But how often have we seen guns utilized for the marketing of a film? For 007, they put a gun pointing straight at you in the logo. I’ve seen the The Matrix, how many guns did you see in that? All of these action films. You know what cheap action is? [Makes hand into shape of a gun and makes a gunshot noise] A gunshot. It’s a blank and a squib that explodes on your chest. That’s cheap. Five dollars. We can do it for like five dollars. [imitating a director] ‘Let’s shoot it again. Wait, let’s shoot this scene again.’ And guess what? The movie’s no good if it doesn’t look real. I think that visuals are more effective than sound, so they should apply those standards harder on film than they should on music. But it’s easier to attack one thing. Like, you’re attacking one person when you say you have a problem with it. And, I don’t know if Spike Lee actually has a problem with 50 Cent, 50 Cent’s image or the things that are being projected on me, or if he just needs new press and publicity. It’s something for us all to look at, you know? Like when you decide from out of nowhere to mention it. Who’s Spike Lee? Spike Lee’s not relevant to 50 Cent. He’s not even in my life. I could care less about him. And to say that he has a problem with my image or what I’m doing creatively, it means nothing to me, you know?

You could read the rest of the 50 Cent interview here:

http://www.bangkokrecorder.com/?p=redakt.a...6&ArtikelID=168

Edited by bigted

Dr. Dre's album's gonna suck if 50 Cent helps him with it :shakehead:

BR: Are you going to be on your mentor Dr. Dre’s album, Detox?

50: Well, Detox, when it actually comes out, I’ll be on it. People have been anticipating this record for a long time, and I feel like Dre always comes through. It’s going to be something special, but he takes his time with it. More than normal, you know, because he’s such a perfectionist.

You know what it is? The saying, 'there’s a shadow of doubt cast over every artist in between projects.' Because, when you deal with the general public you deal with the world people. And a lot of people aren’t successful because they don’t believe in themselves. And if they don’t believe in themselves, how could [they] expect anyone to believe in [them] as an artist? After a while they [don’t] start going, ‘do you think 50 Cent can make a good record,’ but ‘do you think he can do it again? Do you think he can make an album that does as well as his first one again?’ And I went through that going into The Massacre. I couldn’t understand it at first because I had so much consistency with the other material that I released; having everybody that I released through my record label scan over a million records. I sat around and I kind of thought about it, and said things to him and he just goes, ‘well, they gonna do that anyway.’ And I felt like they was doubting that I would do it again when I got ready to do my second record.

But Dre, I think he feels that pressure because he has to beat the last thing that he’s done. And while we might be thinking about The Chronic, he might be thinking about Get Rich or Die Tryin', and “In Da Club.” So he feels like his record has to be bigger than that last record that he made. It’s difficult. I’ll hear music and I’ll be like, ‘look … I need this beat.’ Like, how we do all of these out-of-control records? We do the records in the studio. And he’ll be making new records because he’ll be like, ‘yeah, that was cool, but…’ And he’ll move on to something else. And I’m like, ‘Wait a minute. This one. Give me this! I know what to do with this. You can stay in the studio and make records if that’s what you want to do. Let me go to Bangkok with this one.’ [Laughs] It’s a process for him, so you just kind of got to be patient with Detox and Dre’s records. But, I’m looking forward to it.

Edited by bigted

I love Dr. Dre...but i don't see why people are expecting it 2 be that good. Look at the people he is surrounding himself with. They don't have any talent. I'm hoping it turns out good, but Busta Rhymes is the only talented Hip-Hop artists who he would be working with. Dre hardly writes any of his own stuff any more and even if he produces all his own beats, he's lowered he standards greatly.

Who the hell does this 50 Cent think to respond to Spike Lee this way? Spike Lee's movies are more classic than anything 50'll ever do... btw,With Dre rolling with G Unit that ain't gonna happen :bat:

Isn't this the same 50 Cent who disses people to draw attention who's now saying that Spike Lee dissed him for attention? It's about time that tables turn and he gets criticism, maybe if more speak up he won't be in the game anymore :stickpoke: After what 50 said about Dre I'm surprised Dre still wants to with him, that shows you how out of touch he became 'cause back in the day Dre'd "slap the taste out your mouth" if you dissed him...

Edited by bigted

I think that was a misunderstanding. You know, the media hyped it. I dont think 50 really put it that way against Dre. I lost respect form Dre, but I dont think he still would work with 50 really would have said something like that, in that way. And Eminem would just slap 50 in the face if it would be that way,lol

Edited by Turntable

• 2 weeks later...

even eminem has stopped rolling with him...notice on one of his brand new songs he says

"Shhhhadddyyy...Aftermath" and then normally goes into G unit but in this case it didnt...so i dont know whats going on there.

Guest lambert

even eminem has stopped rolling with him...notice on one of his brand new songs he says

"Shhhhadddyyy...Aftermath" and then normally goes into G unit but in this case it didnt...so i dont know whats going on there.

that i doubt because they were together recently and he only says g-unit if 50 is on a song with him anyway, and no offense lerkot but that sounds like something a child would do or say please tell me youre better than that