JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

KJ-52 - Washed Up

WesSyde

i got KJ-52's (pronounced KJ five two) newest album Behind The Musik for Christmas and i got the deluxe edition with bonus tracks on it. TopDawg might be interested in this one cuz i dont know if he has the bonus disc or not. anyways this song as a great song! it's all about how KJ-52 was put on VH1's Least 40 Hip Hop moments back in April all because he wrote a track to Eminem called "Dear Slim" telling him to clean up his life. basically he's playin it all off and tellin vh1 thanx for the free publicity and he also disses mtv for not playin his whole video when it did play. he also criticizes the state of the rap game sayin:

"I should rap about shootin and killin

Lootin and stealin, bein a villain

Maybe drug dealin

That way i could probably sell like 12 million

I mean who cares about doin somethin for the children"

also he mentions Will sayin:

"well really man i think i just got gyped

i should be in the top 10 above Will Smith"

i didnt know Will was on that least hip hop moments show? anyone know what for? by the way, it isn't a diss to Will, KJ is bein sarcastic when he says that because he's tryin to play off the importance of Vh1's countdown to him. so there it is, the beat is dope, the rhymes and flows are dope so here it is to check out. btw, KJ-52 is a christian rapper and he mentions Jesus in this song so if u aren't religious or aren't christian and don't like hearin about it then i guess don't check it out.

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0UQUY3S...G606GO59OQ3WLWF

There's some gospel rappers out there like him with the same talent if not more talent like the gangsta rappers but they ain't that promoted, especially since the media disses positive rappers like JJFP, MC Hammer, and LL Cool J so much, there probably won't ever be a famous gospel rapper, well the media don't even want people to say Merry Christmas anymore but I won't get too much into that, lol....

It's nice to see that he mentioned Will there in his song, they put "Will2K" in I think as one of the least hip-hop songs and had Vanilla Ice of all people on there dissin' it, what a hypocrite, he wants people to respect him for not being a pop rapper anymore but then he puts Will down, lol?!!! Ain't he the one who made "Ice Ice Baby", lol?!!! I mean "Will2K" ain't one of Will's best songs, but it's not like Eminem's "Real Slim Shady" is a masterpiece either but that don't stop the media from praising "Marshall Mathers LP" so damn much so why can't they praise "Willenium" despite one weak track among many classic tracks? This mc KJ-52 is actually more hip-hop than a lot of mcs out there 'cause a lot of hip-hop heads think Eminem is crazy and needs to straighten his life.... A lot of the gangsta rappers put out weak tracks too but the media won't diss them for that though, if the media was fair they'd rank "Code Red" up there with "The Chronic" and they'd put some of 50 Cent's recent songs on the least hip-hop list, screw the media and all they people who follow along with them like sheep....

People get turned away from gospel rap 'cause they think it's only music about Jesus but really it's mostly just positive hip-hop with a message to it, I might check out for him too now.....

Edited by bigted

especially since the media disses positive rappers like JJFP, MC Hammer, and LL Cool J so much, there probably won't ever be a famous gospel rapper

The Media doesn`t often Diss will and they realy don`t diss LL. Actauly I don`t think LL is that much of an positice Rapper. And waht depends Hammer.. Well that`s a difrent story. They don`t his caus he makes positive Hip Hop but they do it caus he redicoulus with his stupid piyama pants. :lolsign:

Well they diss LL in different ways than they diss Will, when they do a lot of all-time lists they always put the gangsta rappers ahead of LL, I look at that as a small diss but at least they mention him, the point I'm leaning towards is that they'll never consider a positive rapper a top mc of all time like they would gangsta rappers, it's harder for an mc with a positive message to make the game then it is for a gangsta rapper since there's more gangsta rappers, they talk about gangsta rappers more than any positive mc, they make it look like Dr. Dre is the pioneer of rap.... Then again if VH1 thinks Will's so wack they wouldn't even mention him in the top 50 hip-hop artists of all time, they mention MC Hammer too but they rank gangsta rappers ahead of him too.....

Edited by bigted

MC Hammer was the 1st rap artist to have an album sell 10 million copies with his "Hammer Please Don't Hurt 'Em " but the media ignores to mention that among the all time great rap albums, sure he dressed funny but so did a lot of ol' school rappers, he was just the most famous, styles changed from then to now, lol, 20 years from now kids'll think we dressed funny, lol... Will's "Big Willie Style" album also sold 10 million, but it seems like the media only mention Pac's, Biggie's and Eminem's albums that sold 10 million among the all time top albums, MC Hammer and FP have appealed to an audience as large as Pac, Biggie, and Eminem but the media won't credit them for that since they ain't gangsta, Pac and Biggie wouldn't sell so much if they were alive, many jumped on the bandwagon when they died, and Eminem wouldn't sell that much if he were black, just like Vanilla Ice, white kids'd still like Vanilla Ice today if he were a gangsta instead of just dancing in videos, MC Hammer and FP deserve more credit but they won't get it 'cause it's positive rap that they're doing, you could say they're the closest to gospel rap that mainstream'll ever have....

I was watching "Rap City" a couple months ago when they had a show for hip-hop in 1997/1998 and they had a list of the top 20 albums from that time period but yet they didn't "Big Willie Style" which outsold all of them!!!! :paperbag: It's like even if "Lost and Found" sold 5 million copies this year, the media wouldn't mention it 5 years from now but they'll probably call 50's album classic, lol.... When it comes to great hip-hop albums I rarely see any of LL's albums mentioned either, I mean come on he's going on his 12th album, to be out that long you had to make something to change the game! In reality half of LL's albums are probably on the same level as "The Chronic", how could they rank somebody doing one album every 10 years that ain't writing lyrics ahead of somebody who does albums every other year who writes all of his lyrics?... Chris Rock actually ranked "Mama Said Knock You Out" higher than basically every media outlet has, they just talk about the song but never the album usually, and that's a shame 'cause like Chris Rock said, mcs basically studied the formula to make a comeback album off that one, I mean even "Lost and Found" emulates some elements to be fair enough as well, "Blueprint", "Stillmatic", etc. are other comeback albums that have "Mama..." elements, it showed mcs to make balanced albums: street tracks, love songs, storytellin' songs, etc.. LL's influenced basically every mc in the last 20 years....

Edited by bigted

How the hell could they diss "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" after they put it in the top 30 all-time hip-hop videos list a couple years ago? Here's the list to the all time hip-hop videos:

30. Will Smith “Getting Jiggy With It”

29. Jay Z “Hard Knock Life”

28. Sir Mix-A-Lot “Baby Got Back”

27. Missy Elliott “The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)”

26. Ice Cube “It Was A Good Day”

25. P. Diddy feat. Mase “Mo Money Mo Problems”

24. MC Hammer “Can’t Touch This”

23. 23. Outkast “Ms. Jackson”

22. Run DMC “It’s Tricky”

21. De La Soul “Me, Myself & I”

20. Nelly “Country Grammar”

19. LL Cool J “Mama Said Knock You Out”

18. Lauryn Hill “Everything Is Everything”

17. Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five “The Message”

16. Eminem “Stan”

15. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince “Parents Just Don’t Understand”

14. Snoop Dogg “Gin & Juice”

13. Notorious B.I.G. “Hypnotize”

12. Naughty By Nature “O.P.P.”

11. Coolio “Gansta’s Paradise”

10. Eminem “The Real Slim Shady”

9. P. Diddy “I’ll Be Missing You”

8. 2 Pac feat. Dr. Dre “California Love”

7. Sugar Hill Gang “Rappers Delight”

6. Salt N Pepa feat. EnVogue “Whatta Man”

5. Beastie Boys “Fight For Your Right To Party”

4. LL Cool J “Going Back To Cali”

3. Public Enemy “Fight The Power”

2. Dr. Dre “Nuthin But A G Thang”

1. Run DMC “Walk This Way”

VH1 really contradicts themselves, that's what happens when a pop channel tries to talk about hip-hop, they gave props to "Switch" this year but next year they'll diss it probably! :hmm:

Edited by bigted

Sure when it comes to a show dissin' Will, they'll show it a million times so everyone could see it but when they give him props they'll show it rarely or one time, I bet they'll never show the top 30 hip-hop videos with Will in it, they'll probably make a new list and put 50 Cent's video in it instead, lol, VH1 sucks! :willvspaparazzi:

Edited by bigted

I think the song is pretty good... and funny. I want to say that Will was actually #27 on that list. I remember that show(40 Least Hip-Hop Moments).

Back to KJ-52, the song had a real nice beat and I've always liked KJ's flow. He doesn't mind poking fun at himself. I just wish that KJ-52, along with Cross Movement, Da T.R.U.T.H. and other Gospel rappers, would get more shine. The message is always positive and never really preachy. These cats just spit truth in their rhymes.

Man, a change has gotta come in hip-hop...

:paperbag:

yeah these dudes can straight up spit. i think T-Bone might have the best energy i've heard out of any of the gospel rappers tho. he can rap about as fast as Twista too. the thing is, these guys have gone through the same things that 50 cent and eminem have gone through. they talk about it all the time in their songs how they used to hustle and have sex with girls all the time and do drugs but since they're on Christian labels talkin about Jesus there's no spot for them on the radio or on tv. it would be cool if somehow these rappers could come together on one album and release it commericially. it wouldn't have to be a christian album but it could still be positive and true hip hop.

Yeah T-Bone got a great flow, he was featured on a couple of tracks on KRS-ONE's "Spirtual Minded" that was released a few years ago...