JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jaz-O exposes Jay-Z

Jin

Jay-Z bites off a lot of people so this ain't really a shock to me, that's why I could never consider him one of the greatest mcs but basically nobody out now is original anyway so that's why people consider Jay-Z the best now but I dare wouldn't put him in the same sentence as a Rakim. People with short term memories about the rap history would though like Jaz-O implies when people talk about great 50 is when he's just a poser and that wack "Laffy Taffy" getting lots of airplay, most of them rappers today shouldn't have record deals they're so unoriginal, a bunch of corporate gimmicks, I could feel what Jaz-O says there, real talk. I personally wish Will'd call out more of these fake rappers like this when he's interviewed, somebody has to knock them out the game to bring the artistry back...

Edited by bigted

Jaz-O basically murdered Jay-Z on every track they did together, he got a sick flow, I'd actually wanna hear more stuff out from him, basically I just heard him on songs he did with Jay-Z, he made Jay-Z as big as he is today by teaching him how to write songs, Jay-Z shouldn't diss him ever. What's up with Jaz-O saying that Big Daddy Kane and LL bit off of him though? :hmm:

Edited by bigted

Yeah Jaz-O does seem to sound a lil' bitter and overconceited there, some of the things he said about the rap game is true and Jay-Z is a biter but for him to also say that he could beat Melle Mel, Outkast, and LL Cool J in a battle then everything he says before in that interview loses credability, he probably wants to start a battle to resurrect his dead career, that's a gimmick too. :thumbdown:

Guest Guest_Vipa_*

People focus to much on that...what about his own original stuff? What about the stuff that came out his mind? which is what..99% of his music. at most, he'll use a bar used somewhere else once or twice a track, but the rest is 100% Him. And he's great at what he does, in my opinion.

You can't compare to what Jaz-O said about Jay-Z to what Melle Mel said about KRS-ONE 'cause Jaz-O and Jay-Z are always beefin', KRS and Melle have never beefed, KRS always gives credit to Melle for inspiring him to do conscious songs thanks to "The Message" so I don't know what'd make Melle say that about KRS, people rank KRS ahead of Melle 'cause he put in a lot more work over the last 20 years than any rapper, Melle hasn't really done anything in over a decade. Now in the situation between Jaz and Jigga, they've been taking shots at each other for years, he didn't really say too much to put down Jigga in that interview, he does acknowledge that he has talent but didn't Jay-Z say in a song that "I'm not paying Jaz' wack ass"?Maybe that refers to Jaz asking for credit on the song he helped write for Jay-Z with Beyonce. He was actually dissin' other rappers more if you'd read that interview, rappers that kiss ass get ahead the most, I don't know why he'd diss Nas for squashing the beef with Jigga for, does he think that they should beef forever? I do think that Jigga does use too many Biggie references in his rhymes though, it's ridiculous, I mean why can't he just give him props in the album credits or interviews, why does he gotta do it in half of his songs? Maybe I'd respect him more if he gave Will a shout out on a song, lol. As much as some of y'all might say Jay-Z' so great but he wouldn't be in the game without Jaz-O just like Pac wouldn't have been in the game without Shock G, Jaz-O deserves some respect for that.

Edited by bigted

Back up on that Nas Jay-Z beef Ted. It wasn't really a personal thing. It was just something that everybody in the hip hop world was wanting to happen. And it did. Jay crossed the line with that "i left condoms in the baby seat", and so that really settled it down. It wasn't as serious as everybody made it. It's not like Nas whooped Jay-Z anyway. It was like 52% to 48%. Look at that battle, then look at 50 Cent VS The Game. Situations different.

This Jaz-O and Jay-Z thing. I really don't know all the facts behind it. But I do remember hearing about it. Why come out with all of this now, and again? Maybe he wants Jay to lose credit for handling Def Jam.

The reason why the Nas-Jay-Z battle was a close call in voting is 'cause Jay-Z has much more fans than Nas does, the fact that even some of Jay-Z' fans would admit to you that Nas won proves that Nas won the battle, Nas' fanbase grew a lot from that, the only reason why Jay-Z still has fans is 'cause he makes flashy videos and catchy songs for the radio but I must admit he does it better than the others that do it, he's benefitting with G Unit on top of the commercial rap world with no skills who wouldn't have a deal 15 years ago 'cause compared to them he looks like the best rapper ever, he's more like the best rapper on the radio, like I said before Jay-Z is good at making popular albums but doesn't really make deep lyrics, Nas makes deep lyrics but he doesn't make popular albums, both do their thing but they're different artists. How could Jaz-O say that LL calls himself an actor and not an MC though?

Edited by bigted

Yeah, I didn't get that part either. I think it's becuz of how much work LL had to put in back then, and how much he has to, or chooses to do now. I really think that might be the difference. Again, Jaz-O forewarned to take lightly what he says if it offends those that much. That was a lot to read. He did bring up some very good and true points tho.

I really agreed with a lot of things that he was saying, I mean, what has hip-hop come to with this damn Laffy Taffy song. He definitely came off as bitter though, like he was trying as hard as he can to criticize as many people as he could. I don't really understand him for coming at Nas for settling his beef with Jay-Z, I think that is a good thing, but the fact that he doesn't get along with Jay-Z probably had a lot to do with it. It was a long article and I probably missed some things, but a lot of his sentiments rang true, even if he was angry and bitter.