JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Discussion with QD3

Frenetic

The last weekend I had a talk with my hopefully future business associate QD3 (Quincy Jones the Third).

We talked over the phone about his future project coming to sweden (he was brought up here) filming a new documentary about Swedish youth and "hoods".

We were talking about that and I was nervous as hell..why? Cause do you who this guy is? Short introduction:

He was one of 2Pac's nearest friends, also a close friend to people like Common and LL. He's also.. Quincy Jones son. So... yeah go figure why I was nervous talking with him. However, he haven't had a close contact with his dad. So that's pretty much nothing to speak about.

He's young, (don't really now how yong but i believe he's in his thirtys.) But still has done movies like the BEEF thrilogy and alot more movies with EVERY known rapper from 50 cent to KRS to JAY-Z.

However, we were talking about a future project (I work with clubs and concerts and so) and as we were moving towards the end of the conversation he started reminiscing about his young days in Sweden B-Boyin and the block and so on. And he was like "I miss those days".

We started talking about the situation of Hiphop and it ended up with a HUGE phonebill and a 2 hour conversation about alot of rappers. I Can't tell you the "good" parts (It feels like, he trusted me with that "gossip", and i won't talk anyone about it) but i have some nice things to say.

We talked about:

KRS-ONE: He said that KRS was the most fun and nice rapper he worked with during the BEEF movie, but ALSO the most cocky. He said dude was very confident in the "fact" that he was the worlds best rapper" and it got a bit boring hearing him go off about it. He said alot of things are cut out from the interview.

LL: He doesn't like to talk about friends so he was more like he likes LL, trusts him and was a bit worried about making BEEF 2, talking about LL vs Canibus cause he didn't want to go against his buddy.

2Pac: I hesitated to bring up 2pac, so i more like mentioned him and he knew were i was heading and was like; "I will always love him, even though he was troubled and we got a bit angry at eachother around his Death Row days, I still love him, and I was honored that he had talked about me with his Mom just a couple days before he got shot". And then QD got quiet, and I was like: OH SNAP! but it fot better as soon as I brought up:

GAME: I asked how it was working with him, and he said Game is a very grown up man, knowing his hood and his family and is more smart than people think.

He then asked me what i listen to and i was like Kanye, Little Brother, Common, JJFP and so on.

And he said he talked with Will once briefly about his dad and how it was working with him and so. He didn't say so much more, cause he said he doesn't talk so much with him, he seems always so busy.

I'll always, always remember this conversation. Most dope thing I've ever done. Too bad i didn't record or something.

PEACE!

Check out this page more some pics of him. You'll find pics of him with LL from the early 90's and ****.

http://homepage.mac.com/qd3/PhotoAlbum8.html

Edited by Frenetic

That's dope, thanks for sharing that wit us! :thumbsup: