JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WR Jerry Rice, expected to retire.

Vipa

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2152365

Well, This announcement should have been made a whiile ago, but dude loves the game, so what can I Say. It's Ashame that he can't leave the game in the Bay, but I hope he comes back down here, and resides someplace over here, to carry on with his life.

HEre's to one of the best WRs to play the game, and a future Hall of Famer.

Much respect to Jerry Rice and hopes for a great retirement, the Will Smith of the NFL! :thumbsup:

Well Jerry Rice was a class act just like Will Smith too, more than just performance, in a day where there's a lot of selfish athletes always complaining about how much money they make including TO, I'm an Eagles' fan but he's a disgrace with the way he handles himself he needs to look to see how Rice handled himself on and off the field even when he slowed down he proved that he was in it for the love of the game by singing with the Seahawks and Broncos for minimum salary most would just would listen to the criticism and retire but he just kept on going 'cause he was part of the team never trying to be better than the team, Jerry Rice always would pour his heart on the field and worked real hard every offseason to keep himself in great shape for 2 decades, nuff respect.

Edited by bigted

It's about time he retired. Yeah he was the G.O.A.T. at wide receiver but he was simply getting too long in the tooth. I guarantee you that if he would have made the squad in Denver he wouldn't have retired. He retired before the Broncos could cut him.

Don't get me wrong, Jerry Rice was the truth but it's time for him to step down. He had a great, great career. First ballot Hall Of Famer.

He did make the squad, but as a #3 or 4. He didn't want that limited a role.

I'm surprised about that since he was a 3rd wide receiver in Seattle last year but it's best for him to leave since the Broncos won't win anyway, he should've retired when he played in the Super Bowl a couple years ago, that'd be the fitting way to leave.

He wanted to either go out with significant playing time, or on his own terms, which is what he did. He wasn't the player he once was, but he wasn't exactly making a fool out of himself out there either, I think he chose the right time. He was a class act, WR's nowadays, like T.O. and Randy Moss, need to take a page out of Jerry Rice's book, the way he handled himself with such class.