JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Melle Mel whining

Lerkot

Hip Hop is a Hype right now..I hope the Hype will end cuase then those Wack on the Hype living Artits will leave to..

But the true Mc`s still will be here!

Look at the Rolling Stones..They susrvived the 60`s`rock Hype and the 80`s`rock Hype and they still here and rock the **** out of us (lol)!

Same will be with Rakim and LL..

I think Melle Mel could've been misquoted 'cause that sounds like something like Star'N'Buck Wild would say in comparing 2Pac to Hitler 'cause they did a foul skit making fun of Aaliyah after she died when they were on Hot 97 and they got kicked off the air for that I remember, I'd have to hear the audio for myself to actually hear Melle Mel himself say that. Melle Mel and Rakim should get together and make a song or tour, I don't wanna see them beef with each other and divide up the hip-hop fanbase, they are the Rolling Stones of our hip-hop generation and are supposed to be setting the example for younger rappers, 50 Cent and Fat Joe will continue to beef if our elders start to beef, a lot of hip-hop heads are angry about the younger rappers beefin' and have been sayin' that we need to look at the ol' school rappers for example, but who is there left to look at for leadership if Rakim/KRS-ONE and Melle Mel start beefin' with each other! :shrug:

Melle Mel spoke about 50 Cent in the beginning of the summer...;

"I don't get 50 Cent," he says. "When I first heard about him, all I heard was, 'He got shot nine times.' I never got that. I'm like, 'If you got shot nine times, either you're the luckiest guy on the face of the earth and you should be doing gospel songs or you just weren't a tough guy. So, why portray yourself as a tough guy? It's all about image. He's the new street guy who came up behind Ja Rule, who came up behind DMX, who came up behind Tupac, who started that whole totally negative, thug life vibe.

"But instead of coming with straight talent like Tupac, these guys are just trying to come with the image and that doesn't do anything for me. I mean, young kids are impressed by that but hey, they're not hard to impress."

While they may not be hard to impress, you can't discount the influence that crass lyrics and destructive images have on young minds. This isn't lost on Melle Mel.

"I saw 50 Cent had his son on stage with a bulletproof vest. There's nothing cute about that," he says. "Anybody that has half a brain knows that you don't expose kids to that much negativity and not expect them to have problems when they get older."

Melle Mel spoke about 50 Cent in the beginning of the summer...;

"I don't get 50 Cent," he says. "When I first heard about him, all I heard was, 'He got shot nine times.' I never got that. I'm like, 'If you got shot nine times, either you're the luckiest guy on the face of the earth and you should be doing gospel songs or you just weren't a tough guy. So, why portray yourself as a tough guy? It's all about image. He's the new street guy who came up behind Ja Rule, who came up behind DMX, who came up behind Tupac, who started that whole totally negative, thug life vibe.

"But instead of coming with straight talent like Tupac, these guys are just trying to come with the image and that doesn't do anything for me. I mean, young kids are impressed by that but hey, they're not hard to impress."

While they may not be hard to impress, you can't discount the influence that crass lyrics and destructive images have on young minds. This isn't lost on Melle Mel.

"I saw 50 Cent had his son on stage with a bulletproof vest. There's nothing cute about that," he says. "Anybody that has half a brain knows that you don't expose kids to that much negativity and not expect them to have problems when they get older."

Now that sounds like somethin' Melle Mel would say, such truth there and he did acknowledge that Pac had skills too! :word: I could understand though that Pac does not always represent the best example for the youth, maybe that's what he means and that's true in that sense, he ain't no Hitler though, sayin' that would offend people.

Edited by bigted