JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What is MC Hammer doing?

Turntable

MC Hammer ain't broke, he releases albums independently and makes more money than artists on major labels now, I think his last album was 3 years ago, but he was on the Surreal Life on VH1 last year. I only have his greatest hits album but after reading that interview I might be interested in buying more of his albums, he's one of the realest cats in the hip-hop game.

MC Hammer has stayed busy...however, not all of his projects actually get off the ground. His last album waz 2001's Active Duty. That album wazn't exactly a true studio album becuz the theme waz giving homage 2 all different styles of Hip-Hop all over the county (laid back west coast stuff, east coast style, dirty south style). I like the album but it's not on the level of his others. MC Hammer did Surreal Life in 2001 or 2002 and i think it waz a proper way 2 show the man that he really is. He waz funny, the peacemaker, the most intellegent one there, and they even showed him giving a sermon. Even if u don't like his music, u'd love the man that he is after watching the show. A year or 2 ago he started working on a clothingline but i haven't heard any news on that.

Last summer he dropped the extreemly rare promo single 4 the song "Full Blast" where he disses Eminem. It's a choppy club/funk kinda song. There waz a video 4 it also, which i've seen the very end of. The b-side is a track called "Sunshine" which i love...it's a summertime song. He also released a video 4 the song "Hard Times" last fall which waz amazing. However, there hasn't been any other singles or albums.

All of his albums are listed there:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/mc_hammer/albums.jhtml

Yeah MC Hammer's staying busy, it's a shame though not many notice, it's like that with a lot of ol' school artists, a lot haven't stayed relevant like LL Cool J and JJFP have in hip-hop(FP keeps Jazzy Jeff relevant whenever they perform together but if it wasn't for FP, not many would know 'bout JJ still DJ'ing either). If you're only a fan of mainstream rap, you won't know that KRS-ONE, MC Hammer, Public Enemy, and De La Soul still make albums.

Yeah MC Hammer's staying busy, it's a shame though not many notice, it's like that with a lot of ol' school artists, a lot haven't stayed relevant like LL Cool J and JJFP have in hip-hop(FP keeps Jazzy Jeff relevant whenever they perform together but if it wasn't for FP, not many would know 'bout JJ still DJ'ing either).  If you're only a fan of mainstream rap, you won't know that KRS-ONE, MC Hammer, Public Enemy, and De La Soul still make albums.

Yeah that`s`rigt!

It`a shame but your right..