JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WILL SMITH feat. DJ JAZZY JEFF: LIVE IN CONCERT

Since nobody really discribed the concert properly, i thought i'd do it 4 all the people who haven't seen it yet.

The stage is set with TV screens all over the background. Jeff's turntables are center stage which TV screens in front of it, elevated about 3 to 4 feet off the stage. There are lights everywhere and the crowd is in a decent sized soundstage.

BRAND NEW FUNK - Jazzy starts scratching (wearing a white shirt, dog tags, with a black, opened shirt, and his signature glasses), FP comes out rocking a white shirt, yellow Adidas jacket w/ grey stripes, jeans, and boots. After the intro part of the verse, the beat drops. They rock the track perfectly. Exactly like the original but with just a dash of 2005 flava.

IF U CAN'T DANCE (SLIDE) - Jazzy gets rid of the beat and just scratches while FP raps the 2nd verse of the song acapella over the scratches. It's totally insane. After the verse, da 'Prince talks about how commerical rap has over looked DJing...but how it's alive and well the night of the show. Then it flows in2...

I WANNA ROCK - As u can imagin, they don't miss a beat on this one.

As the song ends, the lights get cut 4 a second and a techie runs on stage 2 whisper something in FP's ear and he leaves stage. Red lights start flashing and there is an announcment that a UFO has been sighted and that Will Smith has been notified. 5 female dancers take the stage, Jazzy returns, and FP takes the stage in full MIB attire.

MEN IN BLACK - The crowd goes crazy as they start the song. Watching this one makes it feel like it's 1997 again, until they do the dance, which they slightly updated.

After the song, FP says that he wants 2 do the next song, but that he can't do it in the MIB stuff cuz it dosen feel right. He lets the crowd know he's gonna do an "on-stage change" and asks Jazzy 4 the some "changing music." It's a slow jazzy kinda beat. FP starts undressing, as do the dancers. As he gets 2 his pants, he stops and says he thought the crowd would be more mature and calls some people on stage 2 hold something up that he can change behind. The techies leave stage and in jeans, a white shirt, and a maroon shirt, with Jazzy in a baggy white shirt and pants, they start...

GETTIN' JIGGY WIT IT - Jazzy keeps in the "whoo's" and "yeahs" sampled from "It Takes Two." They rock this one with the dancers going crazy. FP even keeps in the "mama say mama sa mama macusa" bit in there. It then blends in 2...

MIAMI - The crowd stays wild with this one. More lights, more dancing. One of the girls gives FP a maroon, black, and tan hat that matches his maroon shirt. In the middle of the song, a group of drummers come out and bring pure fire 2 the track. The beat transforms in2 the Miami Mix beat (just like in the video). A bunch of dancers in costumes come out (similar 2 The Tonight Show performance of "Switch."

FP leaves stage 4 a quick change...then returns in jeans, white kicks, a long sleeve white shirt and a black 46664 shirt, with a black hat. Jazzy has a jazzy, funky slow beat playin.' FP takes a seat on a stool, with a towel and water in one hand, the mic in the other. He then goes in2 the Lost + Found concept. He also says that some people ask why he still raps even tho' his movie career is off the hook. He says that it's like asking "why dose a tree grow?...cuz that's what it waz put here 2 do." He states that emceeing is what he waz put her 2 do. Next he breaks in2 a slowed down verse of "I WISH I MADE THAT." He then brings out Mary J. Blige, who claims 2 admire alot 4 a long time. She's wearing high boots, a corsette, and tan pants. She kinda dose this R-N-B freestyle giving props 2 FP, then they start...

TELL ME WHY - Wow, they just rip this song. Nothing more 2 say than that.

SWITCH - The lights go crazy, the dancers return, b-boys come out. Good ol' "Switch"...just the way we love it.

PARTY STARTER - They bring energy on this one. The dancers are gone but he has 2 guys on stage adlibing with him.

After this one, he gives Thanx 4 the audience and they go in 2...

SUMMERTIME - Here comes the classic. The dancers return, beachballs are flying. Just another historical JJ+FP/Hip-Hop moment. At the end of the song Jazzy drops the "In The Club" instrumental and FP thanx everyone again. The stage is cleared.

After the credits roll, JJ+FP takes the stage again and FP rips what most of us call the "Willywood Freestyle." He talks the crowd, gets them all in the same zone, they leave the stage again.

This DVD is a MUST 4 any JJ+FP. I know it's hard 4 some of u 2 get it. If u know the Region 1 DVD will play in your DVD player...MAKE IT HAPPEN!! GET IT!!

• Admin

great review much appreciated..did will drop any of his verses from i wanna rock? i havent seen him do that yet..and i wish he would because they are 2 of the dopest verses hes ever done

Thanks for the review, it sounds awesome, I will definitely have to go pick that up, if the Wal-Mart around here has it.