JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Allhiphop.com talks Lost & Found!

Music doesn't have to be about violence, sex, etc, as a matter of fact, it probably shouldn't be, so people should learn to respect Will's music.

I think that a lot of fans base their opinions mostly on magazine reviews and radio play, they think that Will's wack 'cause he never gets a cover story in The Source and doesn't get much airplay on black radio so they won't even give the albums a listen, but there are a few that're open minded and actually give the music a listen before they diss somebody.

I would agree wit the guy who said that people have been too exposed and accepting of the fake thuggery culture. They don't know what good music is anymore. Here, we have our 60s and 70s music-head parents who say "oh, they don't make songs like this anymore". And now, a lot of us are saying the same thing with our Hip-Hop. We're criticizing within our on genre of a generation, and those before us never really did or had to. Times truly are changing. Makes ya wonder another 5 or 10 years from now, will the same music that's all that and a chart topper be so memorable, U gotta hear it again?

It's nice to see a diverser ray of fans give Will props instead of negatives.

Edited by mfuqua23

Another thing is that it seems hip hop and R&B are losing their novelty. Todays songs will not stand the test of time, even if the time is relatively short, 5 and 10 years from now.

Everyone remembers TLC's Waterfalls, and Nas and Lauryn Hill's If I Ruled the World, Will's Summertime and Destiny's Child's No No No remix, but it seems as if the market has become so saturated now and the music so less inspiring that most of the stuff put out today is simply forgettable... almost as soon as the next single drops.

Yeah, I agree with MaxFly. Most of the music released today is so shallow and weak that by the next CD, the previous is totally forgotten.

Yeah it's sad 2 see hiphop is growing more thuggish. PPl r starting 2 4get all about P.E, KRS 1, Rakim, and Biz Markie. I listen 2 the radio n I swear I heard that Ying Yang Twin being played every hour on the hour. I'm glad 2 see that Will is getting props. He has been push aside 4 far 2 long.

Its nice to see but there were a few haters scattered around in there. But thats what you expect from the allhiphop forum. All haters really. I remember when they commented on the album coming out. 80% said it was dope and the other 20% said Will was too old so they didnt even bother listening to it. Which is terrible.