JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BET

They still play Eminem's videos, they just haven't aired "Just Lose It."

Not as much as MTV and VH1 do, I only saw them play "Mockingbird" a few times and they ain't playin' "Ass Like That" at all, while it's on heavy rotation on emptv.

Well, personally, I don't watch BET, but I also very rarely watch MTV. I sometimes watch Vh1, but only for I Love the 90's. Just because. But basically, I'm just not into music-oriented television that much.

I have always, however, felt really wierd about the BET label. There's nothing wrong with it, I guess, but it is strange and a signal of the racial divisions in our country. What exactly is black entertainment? Why do we need to segregate our entertainment? Whatever, I understand there are different cultures, but that's a leftover of old times and a signal that we still haven't seperated ourselves from old times. Think we'll ever, as a society, become fully and truly "colorblind"??

I didn't write that very eloquently but I think you get what I'm saying (maybe).

Finally, don't worry about "going away" Justice Knight, there's no reason to be ashamed or whatever lol you were just trying to start a discussion. It's just the race is an ultra-sensitive subject with alotta ppl and things can get misinterpreted.

i'm with scyhigh, i don't watch TV that much in general, i'm in love with my music!! it's a lot more stimulating that television is 4 sho! i've always felt wierd about watching BET too, especially when my parents are around. it's a shame there's such tension between races and cultures.

on a slightly different (and totally non-racist) note, i don't think BET is any better than the trash they show on MTV. every once in a while they have ol skool days where they show somethin decent, but a lot of the stuff on 106 & Park is crap.

I don't think nuttin of BET as "Black" channel only. Besides there is Mun2 which has a show called "The Roof" which is host by an all hispanic cast. It doesn't mean that the show is 4 hispanics only. I agree AJ on this.