JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New DMX Album "Here We Go Again"

bigted

DMX Back 'Again' With New Album

By Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Rapper DMX will return late next month with a new studio album, "Here We Go Again." Due June 28 via Ruff Ryders/Def Jam, the set is led by the single "Give Em What They Want," which recently premiered on AOL Music. A video for the cut was shot last week in Miami.

Although the track list for "Here We Go Again" is still under wraps, DMX has teamed with in-demand producer Scott Storch as well as longtime collaborators Swizz Beatz and P.K.

The set is the follow-up to 2003's "Grand Champ," which debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 1.15 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Of late, DMX (real name: Earl Simmons) has been in the news as much for his brushes with the law as for his music. Last month, he was arrested after the car he was driving struck another vehicle on New York's Major Deegan Expressway, causing the second car to then hit an unmarked police cruiser.

In June 2004, he was taken into custody for driving his car into a gate at JFK Airport and telling the parking lot attendant he was a federal agent. He pleaded guilty in that case and received a conditional discharge, meaning that future violations could result in jail time.

Wow, that waz a short retirment. I'm glad he's coming back. He's one of the only gritty street emcee i love listening 2. He has yet 2 create an album as dope as his 1st one...i'm hoping he can find his way back 2 that. I hope he watches the way he's livin.' He reminds me of 2Pac in the sense of having a big heart, spirituality, and lots of street smarts, but keeps coming face 2 face with adversity.

DMX is back at last....i have to get this album...ive heard all of his others and i have "Its Dark And Hell is Hot" Damien is a really good song, thanks ted i have to pick this up when its released....Yeh i thought he was retired aswell and said he was concentrating on movies. But i geuss he released he can do both. I found it really funny when he said he was a federal agent, if i was that parking lot attendent i be like "Hells No u DMX" haha

I guess Def Jam must of gave him a better deal for him to comeback 'cause I remember him saying that they were giving him a crappy contract and he didn't want to do any more albums there.

Mase went away coz he was broke. so he became a father....then he came up because Def Jam wanted to give him a 2 album deal i think it was...i know hes done his first album but his second is coming out god knows when....DMX is still under contract with Def Jam/ Ruff Ryders...but he was doing movies for them and then there gave him a new Music contract worth millions i believe....so hes gonna make this 1 dope otherwise no more DMX i believe.

Glad 2 hear that DMX is coming out wit an album. I like DMX's flow. Can't wait 2 hear it. :thumbsup2: