JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

proof will worked with wyclef

There's no way that it could be a mistake, that's an official Colulmbia advertisment. This is strictly my guess, but i'm thinkin' that maybe there waz a problem like a sample clearance that kept it off the album. I doubt Will or someone at the label desided 2 cut the track from the album (especially cuz he waz on Columbia at the time as well). That advertisment waz done when the style of the album waz already set, so must have been put out just b4 the album came out. I wish they gave the title of the song. I'm just guessing this is why it didn't make the album, cuz "Pump Me Up" waz intended for Big Willie Style, but the song had 2 be "re-created" for various reasons that i promised the source i wouldn't talk about.

Maybe we should go 2 the Wyclef board and ask them about it 2 see if they know anything.

That's funny how that worked out 'cause Columbia dropped Wyclef last year too!! That label shows no respect to those legends! :cussing:

Damn, that track might have been nice. He should release those, and the Warren G tracks, plus his other unreleased stuff. Make a bsides album, Hell, even a 4-5 track single would hold me down for a while :)

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,May 19 2004, 08:11 PM]they dhould drop thier atists as soon as they arnt populair anymore (and this is not sarcasm) It isnt fun for us or fun for the artist BUT that is what they should do since they are a corporation and they are ment to make money[/quote]
That's exactly what Columbia and Sony's other labels have been doing. Look at Mariah Carey, Jon B., Xscape, Ruff Endz, Mandy Moore, Wyclef, Will Smith...all have had big albums on Columbia, and all have had ones that did average and now they are no longer on the label. Even Jennifer Lopez and Michael Jackson have been bad mouthing them. A labels motive should not be just 2 make money. Artists are creative and talented people. Sometimes u have a hit and sometimes u don't which isn't up 2 them...it's up 2 how fans pick up on it (if they even get exposed it). Alot of those artists above have put out good stuff, but the label's weak promotion and backing 2 them is what make their albums fail (compared 2 what they wanted). That's the label's fault, not theirs.

• Members
[quote]A [b]labels[/b] motive should not be just 2 make money. [b]Artists[/b] are creative and talented people.[/quote]
Labels arnt Artists, they are buisness men, if artists want to be artists and not be buisnessmen aswell they shouldnt sign to a label like that they should make music in their basement and do shows. I dont like it but thats how it just is, and it is logical.