JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nas Feat Quan - "Just a Moment"

Vipa

This track is better than all songs out now combined(except "Switch" of course) and should be #1 on the charts, did it even go top 40 yet? Yeah this album's definately worth buying and listening to although if it was shorter it'd been a classic according to what hip-hop fans say on hip-hop forums and I agree with them on that, I still think "God's Son" is his best album since "Illmatic". Nas doesn't really get a lot of promotion but he proved that could do well if he wanted to, it reminds me of the situation that KRS had on Jive records, basically every rapper was dumped off of Jive that all sold more than KRS did, and now Nas is the only rapper on Columbia even though everyone had more fame than him, which seems to be turning into a pop label now too, I think Nas will take the KRS path and just sell albums off of Ill Will Records after awhile, he ain't in it for the fame, although I wish they were 'cause they could easily knock off pop rappers if they chose to.

FP, Nas, LL(they're the only mainstream rappers I bought CDs from in the last year) and a few other mcs should put their money together and start their own big hip-hop label where they could promote themselves to put Def Scam and Aftermath out of buisiness. :poke:

Edited by bigted

"Thief's Theme" is actually one of the weak tracks on the album, he could do better storytellin' than that, I love "Bridgin' The Gap" though, no other song sounds quite like it! One song on that album "American Way" is starting to grow on me more now, basically it says the same message that Saul Williams said in that interview fan4ever posted:

"Need a truce with the gangs and some food for the hungry

On Kerry nuts, he look at you like a monkey

You MC's on that old slavery path

The Bushs'll look at yo' ass and laugh

See, it's all about community, let's help ourselves

Cops brutalize us get dealt with with shells"

Well KRS would agree with that too 'cause the government ain't doin' s*** and they actually laugh at rappers for acting so ignorant, politicians don't take hip-hop seriously, they always criticize it when only gimmicks get promotion and they only see one side of it, only the few die hard hip-hop fans actually know that hip-hop is deeper than Bentleys, hoes, and jewels, but the deep songs get no promotion, that's why I hope FP's "Tell Me Why" does real well, the hip-hop community has to rally hard behind that song and give it support, the only way Nas would go platinum again is if gets involved in another beef but he doesn't want those bandwagon fans anymore, that's what he's said in his recent interviews.

Edited by bigted

Nas is a good lyricist, but in the same situation as KRS-One and Rakim! Pure Hip Hop but no mainstream success...has anyone heard the track he did with Rakim and Alicia Keys (Streets of NY)?

Yeah, I got the track... it's really a good one! The beat is the same as on "NY State Of Mind" from the Illmatic-Album right?! Really hot...

Guest Guest_Vipa

I haven't relaly gotten a chance to listen to Streets Desciple, either, but what I did hear is Nice...

Nas needs to rise up, man. He's gotten so many hits, yet so little acknowledgment..It just doesn't balance out, but it happens :mad8:

• Members

"Thief's Theme" is actually one of the weak tracks on the album, he could do better storytellin' than that, I love "Bridgin' The Gap" though, no other song sounds quite like it! One song on that album "American Way" is starting to grow on me more now, basically it says the same message that Saul Williams said in that interview fan4ever posted:

"Need a truce with the gangs and some food for the hungry

On Kerry nuts, he look at you like a monkey

You MC's on that old slavery path

The Bushs'll look at yo' ass and laugh

See, it's all about community, let's help ourselves

Cops brutalize us get dealt with with shells"

Well KRS would agree with that too 'cause the government ain't doin' s*** and they actually laugh at rappers for acting so ignorant, politicians don't take hip-hop seriously, they always criticize it when only gimmicks get promotion and they only see one side of it, only the few die hard hip-hop fans actually know that hip-hop is deeper than Bentleys, hoes, and jewels, but the deep songs get no promotion, that's why I hope FP's "Tell Me Why" does real well, the hip-hop community has to rally hard behind that song and give it support, the only way Nas would go platinum again is if gets involved in another beef but he doesn't want those bandwagon fans anymore, that's what he's said in his recent interviews.

i agree but i think we saw better music from nas in the albums

Illmatic, Stillmatic & God's Son...

3 of his best albums...

I liked that "Street's Of New York" song when it came out in summer of '03 that was sampled from "New York State Of Mind", I heard it on a mixshow on Power 105, was it supposed to be on Rakim's album that got pulled from Aftermath? I wish Rakim would get signed somewhere to release his new album, I wanna hear it! :toetap: btw, "Stillmatic" was a great album too, I think that went double platinum and was the most successful album saleswise he's had, I think all of his albums are solid releases though, "Nastradamous" had some good moments even as his weakest LP, but it's amazing that Illmatic only went gold and was such a classic. :speechless:

Edited by bigted