JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Pete Rock Album!

bigted

What's up y'all I just found out that Pete Rock has a new album that was released two days ago, May 11th 2004 and it's called "Soul Survivors II" on BBE Records. I just wanted to let y'all know that weren't informed yet so that way we can support ol' school hip-hop pioneers so they'll stay in the game! Peace! :peace: Edited by bigted

Yeah, i waz just lookin' at it online the other day. Can't wait 2 hear the new stuff...espeically the stuff with C.L. I never got the Petestrumentals album either...i need 2 catch up.

petestrumentals is nice! Ok, itz mostly instrumental (of course as good as u expect it from Pete), but da few emcee tracks rock it. Check out Freddie Foxxx's Mind Frame... 1 of da most energetic songs, I have ever heard. Back on da block with C.L. is ok, but is nothing, if u know their stuff from da early 90ies.
I don't have Soul Survivors I, but I will buy da new album as soon as possible, especially, cuz I know dat u get 1 Pete Rock poster 4 free at a special record shop!

PEACE
Fresh Stecki

"Soul Survivor" is a good album, but a few of the trax don't stand out the way they should production-wise on a Pete Rock album. Alot of the guest emcees are forgettable and not worthy 2 spit over his beats, but it's still a good album. Take Your Time, Da Two, and #1 Soul Brother are probably my fav trax.