JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50th anniversary

Viktor

I would just like to take this time and place to tell you all that this year is the 50th anniversary of James Deans tragic death. Jimmy died in a car accident 1955 when he drove his porsche spyder (VERY nice car by the way). I just hope you all remember him cuz I think he's the coolest that have ever been alive (Will is no2 :thumb: ).

I just love "Rebel whitouth a cause". It reminds me of my father, cuz in that movie he's identical with how my father was a long time ago. And people tell me James Dean reminds them of me when they see that film so I guess thats why I love it so much.

Oh, and by the way, it's also the 25th anniversary of the first Blues Brothers movie....

James Dean was a moviestar in the 50s, but he acctually recorded some tracks where he played bongos :)

I'll try to wright a little recap of his life:

He stared in only 3 hollywood movies, "East of Eden", "Rebel whitouth a cause" and "Giant". He also loved fast cars and won a couple of races before he died 24 years old. When "Rebel without a cause" came out in 1954 every teenager identified themself with Jimmy, cuz he plays a new kid in town, trying to make frriends and find love. It was also pretty much James Dean who got people into using t-shirts, before that people wore those really old clothes you see in black and white movies. At one time he sat in a chair in the middle of a street in new york, holding up the traffic just to se how people reacted and supprise them.

He was the Brad Pitt/David Beckham looking guy of that time so every girl was in love with him.

He died before the shooting of "Giant" was finished and on the opening night Warnerbrothers selebrated with the biggest movie premier of all time.

I don't really know how to explain the essence? of James Dean in english, but this was a hell of a dude who lived a hell of a life. Just go rent "rebel whitouth a cause" and tell me what you think.

I know who he is...but i'm not familiar with anything he's done. One day i'll skool myself and check some of his classic films. He was a HUGE sex symbol which waz ironic since he waz one of the 1st huge stars 2 keep things in the closet. Most people would see a picture of him and recognize him without knowing who he waz. His most famous pix are usually of him in jeans, leather jacket, hair brushed back, with a cigarette.