JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

VH1's Driven: Will Smith?

Hey y'all. I've got a great idea. If U've ever watched VH1, they have a series on tv called "Driven". Well maybe not series, but u kno what I mean. They've done the likes of OUtkast, Nas (which i can't wait to see), LL Cool J, Tyra Banks, Nelly, Ashton Kructher (dude from Punk'd on MTV), Kid Rock, Tupac, and some more.

Well, how bout requesting Will Smith? Been in it 20 some years. Look at all his succeess. If it gets requested like the DVD, we're in for some good. I mean, let's say they start on it now. Maybe in the coming months, like a few after 'Lost + Found's been out, it airs. That gets more. (although would be better if it could air before) Will and Jeff are doing promoting in the coming weeks for Lost + Found as Hero1 stated. And I think it'd be better if Jeff was apart of the show (like he was wit some of the 'I Love the 90s: Part Deux'. We'd see some Too Damn Hype faces probably, Charlie Mack, Will's folks, Jeff's folks, Jeff, people that worked wit Will in movies, just endless possibilities. And as Driven says "The people who knew them best". I think it's a really great idea.

If not before or even a lil bit after, how about just period? I know they gotta ask "Who should we pick next?" Well, I say, we pick Will Smith next.

I think it'd have to be a multiple part "Driven" to cover JJFP's career, they should do one on Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, KRS-ONE, and a few others too that came out around that time too, they did "Driven"/"Behind The Music" on some many different mcs already, I don't understand why it'd take so long for them to do one on them. :dunno: How could they do one on Nelly's career he just came out a few years ago? :bang:

Edited by bigted

trac - I don't remember. it might have been in chat. But i do remember seeing it.

bigted - I disagree. Well for instance, like 2pac's Driven. That was actually just the Thug Angel (which lasted about 3 hours on tv) As much as U and others may wish for a Driven on those select artists, I really don't think they'd do it. I guess it's only for "Today's hottest artists"

They did Nelly cuz they felt he was significant in how he came up and how he sold when he first arrived and the multiple hits he's brought. <-- I'm guessing.

Actually I'm pretty darn sure they did one a few years back.

God Blessa!

Well they did do a show on Will when "Men In Black 2" came out but it seemed they talked a lot more about his acting career than his rapping career, basically it left us with the same impression that Columbia left us of Will, there needs to be a better one on him than that. :ditto: VH1 is a mainstream channel so they won't really do one on those mcs I mentioned 'cause they ain't on the charts anymore, they did do one on Public Enemy and Run-Dmc before so it's a slim possibility, but hopefully they are on the charts again after "Lost and Found" sells 5 million and opens the doors for the ol' school and true mcs to shine again, but that happening might also be just a dream, hopefully JJFP could do another world tour with Public Enemy again 'cause they're touring again this year too, that'd be nice.

Edited by bigted

Actually I'm pretty darn sure they did one a few years back.

God Blessa!

Well they did do a show on Will when "Men In Black 2" came out but it seemed they talked a lot more about his acting career than his rapping career, basically it left us with the same impression that Columbia left us of Will, there needs to be a better one on him than that. :ditto: VH1 is a mainstream channel so they won't really do one on those mcs I mentioned 'cause they ain't on the charts anymore, they did do one on Public Enemy and Run-Dmc before so it's a slim possibility, but hopefully they are on the charts again after "Lost and Found" sells 5 million and opens the doors for the ol' school and true mcs to shine again, but that happening might also be just a dream, hopefully JJFP could do another world tour with Public Enemy again 'cause they're touring again this year too, that'd be nice.

With Public Enemy? Hmm I don't know if this would be great??? :dunno:

I think it'd be great if Public Enemy toured with JJFP 'cause all the younger fans that just started listening to JJFP can be introduced to another legendary hip-hop group, but all the ol' school heads still supporting would know them already of course, Chuck D can outperform these younger mcs like Jay-Z easily and Chuck D said in one of his terrordome postings that touring with JJFP was one of the greatest moments in his life.

I think it'd be great if Public Enemy toured with JJFP 'cause all the younger fans that just started listening to JJFP can be introduced to another legendary hip-hop group, but all the ol' school heads still supporting would know them already of course, Chuck D can outperform these younger mcs like Jay-Z easily and Chuck D said in one of his terrordome postings that touring with JJFP was one of the greatest moments in his life.

Oh that's great! Intelligent people that don't just talk around some dumb stuff like Will because they know he is great and not as dumb as some other guys! Will is clever so every other clever human likes him, too! :thumb:

A lot of those mcs in the early days of popularity really help take hip-hop to the next level in becoming a billion dollar buisiness, everyone should know who they are and they deserve some more credit and shouldn't be forgotten even if they never sell as much as they used to. I know Nelly has sold a lot but he didn't really impact hip-hop in a major way, but even though Will and LL have sold a lot, their influence on hip-hop is obvious. They should do a special on James Brown too 'cause even though he didn't have major sales, his impact really has influenced every mc in hip-hop that has picked up the mic, he was hip-hop before it was called hip-hop.