JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Best "voice"

Lerkot

I hope you understand what im writing ^^:

Wills tracks are the same feel good-stuff as ever with some modifications but Wills own voice has changed a little bit btw each album

Here is my opinions

Rock the House - Wills lightest voice and i guess it kind of charming but in a song like Just Rockin it doesnt sound right.

Hes the DJ - Still light but a little more "controlled" and I really like it because it fits so well. Many of the tracks he did with his old voice wouldnt work at all today with the hard one he has now.

And In This Corner - A little more grown up and here he clearly was in a changing phase and we got a combination btw the old light style and some tracks with a more homebase-like style

Homebase - The homebase voice is dark but there was still some spots of the light old style. The Summertime-voice was a little special and Will hasnt done anything like that after or before.

Code Red - Nice kind of hard voice, very clear and hearable. Perhaps a little to hard at times (Code Red, Boom Shake The Room). Still some pretty soft songs like Twinkle Twinkle

Big Willie Style - Sounds like something btween And in this corner and Homebase at times, especially in Gettin Jiggy Wit It and Chasing Forever. This is the voice I like most because its the ultimate combination between his old soft voice and the new hard one.

Willenium - All the light stuff is gone but his voice isnt dark. Sounds pretty good.

Born 2 Reign - The old nice voice but a little bit darker. Its something creepy with his accent anyway and Im not sure if I like it. Doesnt use his voice the way I want it with but i cant express how.

What do u think?

Ya I think his voice matured a bit over the albums but it's not a big enough change to make me think of it as "darker" or lighter...Anyways, I've always appealed to his voice, that's just half the reason why I like his music.

I don't really think his voice is that different. I just seperate it 2 ways, 1986-1989 and 1990-Present. I think other than that, his flow and overall presence on various track adjusts 2 the subject matter and how he flows over the track. I can rap along 2 any of his stuff...like i said, it's the feeling of the track, not really the deepness of the voice.