JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FRESH PRINCE ON 106 + PARK

I cut in on the show during number 7 on the countdown...so i missed most of his stuff, but here's what i saw.........

Da 'Prince waz dressed in casual street gear. Dark brown streetboots (Code Red style), baggy bland blue jeans w/ his traditional big belt buckle, a tight-white, long sleeve shirt with unbuttoned tan short sleever shirt over it with a tan hat (which waz alot like the black one i went 2 buy the other day, 2 only find out that someone else bought it, THEN 2 find out the next day that my best friend who went 2 see JJ+FP at the MTV Beach House waz the person 2 bought it :roll: )

Anyways, i cut in where they asked him what waz the most romantic thing he did for Jada on Valentine's Day. He talked about what he did for her B-Day instead, saying that she came home 2 an empty house where he had taped a DVD on the door, she popped it in and it waz him saying he wanted her 2 go upstairs, get dressed and go outside. When she did that, there waz a CD of him in the car saying 'just get in the car, u don't know where u are going, but to sit back and find out'. The car took her 2 a restaurant in San Fransico where he waz waiting 4 her.

Then then premiered "Switch." Before they aired it, he talked about the title "Lost + Found." I waz right when i 1st said what i thought it meant (had 2 rub that in). He said that the title speaks of him when it comes 2 music, that sometimes he's in the zone when it's ready 2 do an album and sometimes he's not. It kinda funny cuz in so many words, he waz saying that he waz really not in the zone when he did Born To Reign...but that with this new project, he waz back where he needed 2 be. He also said it spoke about his life and Hip-Hop...that sometimes they are both a lil' lost and then found again.

Then they aired the video....which waz insane. It couldn't have been more perfect. Keep in mind, i chose not 2 see it here on the site. I wanted the full effect and that's what i got. They cut the audience at the end and they were loosin' their mind!! Just seeing FP in person is and amazing thing...but 2 see him AND the video, a return 2 some of his illest stuff, they were in awe. U could see it in their faces. They got 2 audience member reactions. The one guy waz a big FP fan and just said that the beat, the video, the girls waz all tight. Then they cut 2 a girl who just waz hyped and talking about the dance.

Later they asked him what true love is. He said that true love is different 4 everybody, but that a relationship should have a life/death/life theme. Things start up, go great, then eventually a relationship has the potential 2 die...but true love will make both sides work 4 it 2 work out, and live again. Right b4 he left, he announced it waz Free's birthday and that b4 he left, he had 2 give her something....he ran off and came back with a huge basket full of girly stuff.

Thanks for that report AJ 'cause I've been too busy to see 106&Park yesterday.