JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

a new version of hip hop

sonic1988

I read about this a while back in the free new york newspaper AM new york. They had a article about these guys that actually did free styles that have humor and didn't insult the other person and actually one time it got so wild that one of the guys actually blurted out his password for his cell phone!!!!

If i find the name of the group or if any of you guys have it let me know but I think it is a cool idea and maybe have a battle like the ones above in the song forum!!!!

Ain't nothing new about that...that's how it waz in the old skool. Battle were more about wit, cleverness, skill, comedy. It's just that these days every ignorant fool has security issues and has 2 cuss out their oponent with cheap shots below the belt about sex and stuff. Pathetic stuff. Actually, FP talked in a 1997 source interview about how he's always stayed true 2 his own style cuz no matter how "hard" another rapper can come "you can't beat a guy who says funny stuff."

actually one time it got so wild that one of the guys actually blurted out his password for his cell phone!!!!

LMBO,.,.,now...THATS just plain stupid...

I wander how long it was b4 he realized he had 2 change his pw.. :rofl:

peace,

cookie

• Admin

back in the early 90s no1 was freestylin except for freestyle fellowship..souls of mischief..etc in fact they were dissed 4 it.. some1 needs to do a documentary on this so they get the props they deserve :werd:

• Members

:werd: amen to that. hero do you remember death row had a million dollar prize for anyone that could serve some death row mc and when ff tried to take them up on it they backed out of it? ff is the most original group in hip hop history if you ask me, they are AMAZING!!-trex