JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Janet Jackson + Black Eyed Peas

New Janet Jackson - 2005

(andPOP) - Following something that happened at the Super Bowl at the beginning of this year, Janet Jackson was embarrassed but hoped it would translate into high record sales for her album.

When "Damita Jo" was released a few weeks later, she didn't even debut at number one.

While record sales were decent, they were not what she expected.

Now she's preparing a new album, with boyfriend and producer Jermaine Dupri.

Dupri will be the executive producer of the album, he told MTV.

"I see a void in music," he said. "Any time I make records, I try to fill the void with what's missing. I think everything [Janet] brought to the table in the beginning of her career and throughout her career is missing. The kids don't have nobody to follow, they're lost."

The sound will be more like her old albums.

"For this record, it's gonna be all dance, though. It's gonna be straight 'Control,' 'Nasty,' hard-ass beats, memorable melodies."

The album is expected to be released in 2005, and Dupri hopes producers like Dr. Dre will lend a hand in the studio.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Black Eyed Peas - 2005

The Godfather of Soul, James Brown, blessed the track “They Don’t Want Music” for the forthcoming Black Eyed Peas album “Monkey Business,” due in early 2005. Brown recorded his vocals before announcing that he’ll undergo surgery for prostate cancer before year’s end.

The members of the Peas were supposed to release solo albums in 2005, but they decided to wait and take advantage of the group’s momentum following the success of their album “Elephunk,” which sold 2 million copies and scored two Grammy nominations last year, along with another four this year.

Group member Will.I.Am says he already prefers “Monkey Business” over “Elephunk.”

"It's fresh, it's dope, and seriously, I'm not just saying it 'cause it's ours," he told MTV. “We recorded the majority of it in London for two months, and Brazil and here in the States on airplanes, hotel rooms, bus lobbies, museums and bathrooms."

---

This is dope news!! Thought I'd share. :switch:

THANX!! I'm ready 2 get both!! I like Janet's last...but it waz missing something. I like the idea of Jermaine Dupri handeling things...but that's gonna be weird since Jimmy Jam + Terry Lewis always did b4. When he says it'll sound like her earlier stuff, i hope he dosen't mean stuff like "R&B Junkie" which waz just a bad recreation of her 80's stuff.

Black Eyed Peas i welcome back. It'll be interesting 2 see if they came keep the success coming since they aren't gonna cuss up a storm and bling out like all the other stuff people are buying. They truely are one of the only Hip-Hop acts keeping things true. I hope this new album is a bit more like their older stuff.

I particularly can't wait 4 that BEP album...Elephunk waz cool and all, but it's more of a party anthem album. I hope they go back 2 more of their old skool style, at least lyrically on this one. It'll be interesting 2 see how they follow it up with the solo albums.

It's 2 bad Damito Jo didn't do very well, it's a good album...deserved 2 be successful. Excited 4 this album 2...there seems 2 be some dope stuff being released in 2005!

Yeah, BEP really did big things in the past year and a half while also altering their style. I can't wait 2 hear the new stuff...and i'll gladly support their solo projects.

I think Damita-Jo waz a good album, but some of it waz underproduced with slick sounds and just wasn't as good as her past stuff. Every artist has an album like that once in a while tho.'