JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA NEWS - Vince Carter to the Nets

Vipa

www.espn.com

NJ Receives : Vince Carter

TOR Receives : Alonzo Mourning, Aaron Williams, Eric Williams, and 2 first round picks.

If you're the ents, adn rebuilding..YOU DON'T GIVE AWAY THAT MUCH, for a player, who is nopt only injury Prone, but not performing as well as he used to. Bad move by the Nets. 2 first rounders? They'll have a hard time changing this team, and there is no way vince carter, alone, will help.

I'm glad the Blazers Passed up on him. We can get another solid shooter now. Contract aside, Allan Houston would be a good fit for us.

I honestly don't think they'll be a good team, just because of carter. They're barely good, with just Kidd and Jefferson. Alanzo was helping them a lot, too. Now he's gone, 2 other players are gone, and they jsut get carter, who is always off and on...They'll be slightly better, but not great.

But when you look at stats..

Carter is Averaging : 15ppgs, 3.8rpg, 0.8bpg

and on the Raptors, he should be their Top player. he should be putting up more than that. He used to avergage well over 20 ppg. I know it's only about 20 or so games into the Raptors season, but he's looking inconsistant to me.

Hm, we'll see how things pan out. i think this can get them into the playoffs, at maybe a 6 or 7 spot, but no Finals, this year. and it'll be hard enxt year, too, considering they lost 2 first rounders. they hav on chance of upgrading some young talent, for at least 1 or 2 years now.

Carter is Averaging : 15ppgs, 3.8rpg, 0.8bpg

really? thats ALL?? and he was supposed to be the next jordan... :hilarious:

there will never be another player like Jordan, there will be other all time greats but they are all different

Vince Carter is closer to being the next Penny Hardaway(who's now a backup on the Knicks) than he is to being the next Jordan, he had a couple of great years coming into the league, but he's been injury prone lately and if this keeps up, he'll be a bench player soon. The Nets can't make the playoffs this year even with Carter, J. Kidd is not 100% right now, and now they traded away their frontcourt, E.Williams, A. Williams, and A. Mourning are all good physical frontcourt players, so they're too small now, the Raptors might actually have a better team now 'cause of this deal, they got the distraction off their backs and have draft picks for the future they could be a championship contender a few years from now.

Sports don't interest me at all...but i remember some kinda ad in a magazine 4 him in like 2000 that had FP ties 2 it. Somewhere on it it said "The Fresh Vince" and later it said "Vince 2K." Just thought i'd share.