JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Before Miami

Lerkot

i wonder what made him change his decision

Jada did tell him 2 release it when he let her hear a raw cut of it. I can see why Jeff might have not been feeling it. The heavy sample and the silly tie-in2 the movie. Still a dope song tho.' I just wish he used that beat 4 a song not related 2 a movie.

What made FP wanna step away from recording and releasing stuff waz that Dr. Dre and Snoop started a whole phoney gangsta era in rap where all these uncreative losers put out all this faux gangsta rap, which not only sucked, but waz really annoying. I don't think any true Hip-Hop heads were happy about what waz getting commercial attention at the time. Anyways, when 1996 rolled around, people like De La Soul, The Fugees, Nas, A Tribe Called Quest, Busta Rhymes and other artists were having good success and weren't taking part in the whole gangsta phase. FP saw hope for Hip-Hop which inspired him 2 get back in2 music. Jada gave him that extra push after he got started. Originally Big Willie Style waz supposed 2 be a more mature album. Early interviews and articles talked about FP touching on world issues, race issues, and so on. But the vibe changed (alot of Columbia's behalf i'm sure) which turned it in 2 a slick, fun Hip-Hop ride.

Well since were talking about the Big Willie Style area, let's go a lil further!! After the last single from Big Willie Style he released Wild Wild West as a song right?? And then Will 2K and then Willenium! After that it was Freakin'it and So fresh! Or am I wrong here?

ooh ooh i know this one, at least what happened in the UK. Wild wild west came out just b4 the film, i think i heard it in august 1999 bcoz i was on holiday It got to number 1 in the UK. Then Will2k hit the radio around christmas and im guessin was released just b4 the new year along with willenium. I think will2k got to number 2 and i was so annoyed it didnt quite make another number 1.

Then freakin it came in the new year, around march, it got released but didnt do that well. Then a few months later the video for so fresh apperaed but only on MTV base (a cable hip hop channel) and was never released.

You mean

Freakin' It" in January 2000

Yeah, that's what i meant. :roll: I think "Will 2K" waz released at the right time...about a month b4 the album dropped, which also allowed it 2 do so well without runnin' over the new year.