JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2PAC

JumpinJack AJ

I've just heard 2Pac's new single "Ghetto Gospel." I love this track. Totally postive (and clean)...not a sign of his Deathrow era stuff on this joint. The vocals are from about 1993. The beat is pretty good but nothing mind-blowing. Eminem produced it. Don't ask me why they would go 2 him when there are much more talented and experienced producers out there. It's not bad tho' and he uses this amazing vocal and piano sample from Elton John's "Indian Sunset." Very much like what he did with "Runnin' (Dying To Live)." Creative? No. Good? Yes!

For those that don't know, the new album is titled Loyal 2 The Game. Eminem produced the whole album, which bothers me. While 2Pac affiliates like The Outlawz and Nate Dogg are on the album...sadly, Eminem has brought his wack friends 2 put them on the album (himself, G-Unit, Obie Trice). I'm hoping his production and guest artists don't ruin 2Pac's legacy. The good newz is that there 4 or 5 remixes at the end of the album by other people like DJ Quik and Raphael Saddiq who remixed the trax, and probably fixed the wrongs that Eminem may have commited with this legendary artist's music.

The cover is very cool. 2Pac from the Me Against The World era w/ gold glasses and white clothes. The style of the album is much like the most recently released 2Pac albums.

Oh yeah, and it drops December 14th!!

Eminem's producing the whole album?!!! :nhawong: I hope that he doesn't hurt 2Pac's legacy either. :ditto:

• Admin

i think the 8 or 9 2pac albums of material not meant to be released after his death has hurt his legacy more than eminem producin some tracks.. and can someone explain to me why 2pac sold 5 million records when he was alive and over 30 after he was dead.. :nhawong: that just proves theres somethin wrong with this society :daedulus:

Yeah, his legacy is kinda watered-down thanx 2 all the stuff that has came out after his death. Those older trax didn't come out cuz he didn't wanna put them out. And the stuff from the Deathrow era waz recorded so quickly so that he could get off the label. That stuff is often very sloppy and pointless compared 2 his real music. It's sad seeing a man who had so many ideas and such a big heart have his legacy twisted by what Deathrow made him look like in his last months. 2Pac's camp knows that his supporters wanna hear his music so i like that they are making it available 2 us in installments every few years. I think the real 2Pac fans understand that he didn't want all that stuff comin' out. It's those Deathrow era fans and all those phoney fools who jumped on the bandwagon after his passing that really have no clue who the man is and think that the weed-smoking thugged out crazy man is who he really was. That's why i liked Tupac: Ressurection, cuz it gave them a taste of the truth.

I do think that Eminem is a wack rapper, but i do also know that he dose love Hip-Hop and that he wouldn't wanna ruin 2Pac's legacy, but at the same time, he's new 2 this whole producing thing and that he kinda sticks 2 the same sound which really bugs me since he got 2 play with all those 2Pac acappellas. There are 2 many people 2Pac worked with b4 that should have got 2 remix that stuff, like Easy Mo Bee, Johnny J, DJ Quik, SoulPower, Shock-G/Digital Underground, and so on.

I hope that one day they'll release the original versions of these newer trax cuz often the mid-90's original production is better than the current remixed beats put under his vocals.

I still urge anyone who can hear the song 2 give it a listen. It's not that Deathrow type stuff at all (after all, it waz recorded b4 he got signed 2 them).

They aren't finding any...it's all been there. They are just putting it out in albums at a time. I remember when 2Pac first died, there waz news that they had very few unlreased trax from him and that his next album (which waz The 7-Day Theory) waz gonna be those unreleased trax and some of the trax off of Me Against The World (which sales flew up the charts after he passed. I waz like, "That dosen't sound right." Then the newz came out that they had tons of material and that his mother wanted 2 eventually make it all available 2 his supporters.

i think the 8 or 9 2pac albums of material not meant to be released after his death has hurt his legacy more than eminem producin some tracks.. and can someone explain to me why 2pac sold 5 million records when he was alive and over 30 after he was dead.. :nhawong: that just proves theres somethin wrong with this society :daedulus:

:werd: That's why hip-hop going mainstream has ruining the essence of it, a lot of the rappers that have no skills end up winning awards 'cause they're on the highest promoting record labels in the world, while a lot of the mcs that have talent get no recognition. 20 years ahead in 2024, if hip-hop makes it to it's 50th anniversary, we'll see that this '94-'04 decade has been the death of true hip-hop, if 2Pac was still alive and never got shot or went to jail, his career record sales would probably be only about 5 million, which is what KRS-ONE's career sales are after 17 years in the game, while Jay-Z and Eminem both sold over 10 million in 5 years! :bang:

I think 4 alot of people who grew up on real Hip-Hop, they have come 2 a stage in their life where they can't keep up with music and stuff like that the way they used 2. Since real Hip-Hop is impossible 2 find unless u look 4 info on the internet or dig thru' CD stores, real fans just grew in2 other music styles. They probably got turned off by the Puffy, Mase, Ludacris, Eminem, Master P type stuff and simply don't know that people like De La Soul, KRS-One, Brand Nubian, and Shock-G are still making music. So they probably just started listening 2 other stuff. I know that if i didn't get on the internet so often and go 2 music stores weekly, i would hardly know about any good music coming out. All i see on TV and hear on the radio is trash by 50 Cent, Terror Squad, Chingy, and so on. I don't like that stuff so i would think that rap has changed so much that i'd no longer listen 2 it and move one 2 other music styles i like.

When i tell some of my friends "oh, i got that new De La" they are like "De La Soul is still around?!" and they get all excited cuz they don't know that real Hip-Hop music still exists.

I'm gonna popst this statement that Chuck D made on PE.com in March '03 that's relevant to what we're talking about here concerning 2Pac's legacy:

"With the latest 50 CENT “GET RICH OR DIE TRYING” phenomenon sweeping the nation, again I’m amazed at the selling power of black death and the masters who pimp it. There’s a lot of blood in IODINE’S bank just as BRYAN TURNIP, formerly of CALIFORNIA RAISIN, launched gangsta turned PRIORITIZE RECORDS wayyy back in the 90s, courtesy of the west coast. I actually dug 50 CENTS’ original take on ‘fake gangstas’ and the idea of bringing some cats down to the reality of the harshness of the ‘real streets’ instead of studio imagery. As I dug NWA’s early rebellious take on how a brother couldn’t get ahead in society. But in the case of the swirl around 50 I can’t even say its entirely his fault, that his take on the road to rap is along the BIGGIE “Born to die” steez.

It’s the usual suspects that cash in at the end, that resonate the statement of the amazing profit of black death. There are glaring facts about this contribution to this millennium cointelpro of the rap game. From DJ SCOTT LAROCK to JAMMASTER JAY and everyone KILLED in between there hasn’t been a murderer found yet. Number two, in the case of TUPAC selling 5 million records while living and at least 30 million in his death. The case of the white exec hiring and doing business with the negro so he can create, recreate, cultivate, endorse then sell niggers doin ‘niggativity’ has never been more apparent. These execs would never do business with a ‘black man’, whereas a black man would draw a line on what would be said about his people. A man would tell another man that he couldn’t compromise a people for the sake of some false god named ‘profit’ and his son named ‘bottom line’. The charge to the top of suspicious chart is paralleled at the same time by R KELLY who again has found love from peeps. The picture drawn here is that anything can be said and done against black people, and the damage that appears to be self inflicted is none the less assisted by cats lurking in the shadows. The blood banks are spilling over at this time as it’s the easy way out to cover the fact that 50 has already been shot at point blank range, so that’s the story that INTERDOPE’S marketing team sharply rolls and promotes their head to. Now everywhere he goes it’s covered the fact that he sleeps in a bulletproof vest and there are ample heapings of bodyguards in surround sound.

It brings to question... what makes a cat hate another brother who looks and talks just like him whereas they never even met? Radio, hype and video talk to all folks on behalf of the perceived and conceived opinion of black people, masterminded by the thought of ‘the streets’. Problem is that this NY-LA pimp biz mentality didn’t ask ALL the streets, they’re telling and programming them. At the tail end of those same streets are the businesses of jail and death. They could care less about the streets in betwixt. The one sided control of sepia images the past 10 years has the masses Pavlov- trained into actually thinking there’s little wrong with being abused, like the wife who gets repeatedly beat down by the man she still loves more with every ass whipping. The slave who proudly places his master’s last name on his first after being whipped to say it, while not being able to spell it. Trained to love the level and status of nigger granted by his master’s ideology while daring all to challenge that love. Whereas the first 12 years of recorded rap reflected the love of hip hop, the artists rhymed love, spread love like BOB MARLEY and thus got love from the peeps. Rap was a passport to visit other hoods representing love in the words thus reconnecting the thought of ‘FAM’ aka family. Now the family for rappers is the corporate pimped pseudo-record companies they spit for. Many no longer rhyme for the people they cointelpro against the folk. The radio stations and Viacom help pour the verbal sewage of self hate back at us, thus endorsing little option for 50 CENT to take. The fact is not whether his guns are bigger than little BOW WOW, but the fact of it can be pointed directly at someone in his family. I don¹t want that cat to be a bigger target than he claims to be. Lets hope that 50 has a long career and a greatest hits record while he’s living, rhyming about ‘birthdays instead of death daze’, and his black self doesn’t add more red and green to JIMMY IODINE’s notorious skull and bones INTERDOPE blood bank."