JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Most underrated/overrated Will song

Lerkot

"Da Butta" has a very boring beat that's been done b4. Lil' Kim has zero talent...but FP is good on it. 1 good quality out of 3 is why most of us aren't feeling that track. It waz produced by Kay-Gee who, at the time, waz still in Naughty By Nature, who produced most of their best beats. He could have given FP something much better than that.

"Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" is a fly party song, the sample is incredible and the carefree and fun lyrics are exactly what u need when starting a party. It dosen't stand up next 2 his better stuff, but it's still a great party track.

• Members

to me the song will flowed well on was 'just cruisin'. i have to admit that a couple of mc's were with him on that song, notably jay z.

overrated, yeah it's gotta be 'gettin jiggy with em'. the song is so infectious. it's just a feel good party song.

to me underrated was 'the rain', that's classic hip hop.

hey, do you guys notice how well will flowed lyrically on BWS than any of his other albums. being in the movie business didn't help him 'cause he sounded rusty on BTR.

Jay-Z had nuttin' 2 do with "Just Cruisin.'" FP and Nas wrote that song, which he is credited for. FP even talked about it in The Source, he wazn't trying 2 keep it secret ghostwriter style.

"The Rain" is amazing tho.' JJ+FP fans don't underrate it, and i think if it waz a single, NOBODY would underrate it. Well maybe all the people who bought Encore.

• Members

Jay-Z had nuttin' 2 do with "Just Cruisin.'"  FP and Nas wrote that song, which he is credited for.  FP even talked about it in The Source, he wazn't trying 2 keep it secret ghostwriter style.

when i say jay z was with him on it, i meant jay felt will's flow on the song and not working with him on the song.

Edited by diehardwill