JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eminem "Encore" Ja Rule "R.U.L.E" The Comparsion

J-o-e

now i have only had these two albums for a week, but i have listen to both deeply

creativly and lyricaly, and my prediction is that if true hip hop fans, they have to respect Ja rules "R.U.L.E" for most realest in his lyrics for new york, but eminem meanwhile, spits an emotional album, more songs that mean something to him except from normally the Slim shady days, he has grew as an artist, and in his quote from the song "Like Toy Soliders"

"And Even The Battle Is Done and Won, I Feel Like I Lost It

I Spit So Much Energy Into It, Honestly Im Exhasusted

now should Ja rule take this quote serouisly, is eminem dying out, is he quiting, but on ja rules album, theres songs just like "The Manual" and "New York" with the slightly creatiful "Wonderful" but some tracks like "R.U.L.E" dissapoints me because he uses the same beat as Jagged Edges "They Aint Je".

When eminems beat are clearly orginal except from the song "Mockingbird" which is a slightly changed beat to the melody "Hush little baby dont you cry" a yet another song to his two daughters, Hailey and Elaine, He says he "Pukes" when he thinks of his ex wife kim, but he "Loves You More" with the tribute also to her, a suprising with eminems normal views, but the controversal song "Mosh" is going to help him get sales on this album, i cannot deny that is a got to buy offer, but so is Ja rules, the albums will be classics, but also they can never be judged, because the albums are two completely different albums, ja rule did not cuss the shady family and aftermath, but eminem said one line in the song "Like To Soliders" Again, the best track on the album:

"Me and Dre had sat with him, kicked it and had a chat with him

And asked him not to start it he wasn't gonna go after him

Until Ja started yappin' in magazines how we stabbed him

**** it 50 smash 'em, mash 'em and let him have it"

Album Ratings

Eminem Encore 9/10

Ja Rule 9.5/10

I'll give anything a listen but Ja-Rule and Eminem have just proven themselves over and over again 2 be jokes 2 me. Eminem waz an edgy, creative, witty emcee in the late 90's but since then his music has been on a downward spiral down the garbage disposal. His 2 newest singles didn't impress me at all. Ja-Rule had some gritty hype about him which waz gone the second he released "Holla Holla." He did a few good remixes and singles early in his career but overall his music has been insanely uncreative and disposable. It's easy 2 4get nearly every single he's released.

I'll give them a listen in a record store sometime soon, but Ja-Rule and Eminem have nothing 2 do with true Hip-Hop. That's what De La Soul, Talib Kweli, Lifesavas, Mos Def, Shock G, and KRS-One are for.

oh no, ur misunderstood, im campring them, i believe the ratings that people would give them wud probably 6-7 for eminem and the same for ja rule, but i meant like ratings in which album is better, it was like an example of how close the albums are in comparision, as for ja rule and eminem have nothing to do with hip hop, eminem first white rapper to win a grammy, and ja rule has nothin to do with it apart from hes a wannabe 2pac, but hey, whatever u lot say i doesnt bother me cause they are good hip hop albums, probably wont be classics no.

joe

they are good hip hop albums

Don't spit on Hip-Hop's name by calling them Hip-Hop albums. They are Rap...just Rap. They aren't puttin' anything from real Hip-Hop culture in2 their music.

I have 2 friends who got the album and they both think it sucks. One of them likes everything he's done in the past and she admits that it's a pretty weak album. My other friend is in2 alot of rock, punk, and alternative type stuff but he'll give anything an honest listen and dose like some Hip-Hop/Rap. He said he thought it was awful.

I hope Ja Rule and Eminem both retire from rappin' 'cause they're selling themselves out by putting out gimmick songs that no true hip-hop fan could enjoy now! I have more important things to do than to waste time or energy on buying or even downloading their new albums. :ditto:

I waz in a music store 2day which has a section with previously owned stuff. They already had like 3 copies of Ja-Rule's new album. :roll: That's really sad if u find a brand new album in the previously owned section.

On a JJ+FP related note, they had a copy of BWS, Willennium, and Code Red for $1.99 each and 2 copies of B2R for $4.99. It waz tempting 2 buy copies for my car (even tho' i have burned copies 4 the car). Maybe next time.