JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DESTINY'S CHILD

JumpinJack AJ

Great R-N-B album!! I waz scared after Survivor. DC broke out in 1997 on the Men In Black soundtrack and going on 2 do big things with both versions of their single "No No No." 1999's The Writings On The Wall featured and amazing soulful sound that waz flawless and huge success. After the line-up change and their new-found megastar status, they dropped Survivor which waz a good albu, but 2 slick and 2 commercial. After a long break and solo albums, this album more than meets the hype.

"Lose My Breath" is the first single with the crazy new sound brought 2 u by the Darkchild camp. "Soldier," the 2nd single is a mid-tempo faux track about the girls wanting a guy tied 2 the streets. Sorry, but i don't feel this track, the wack appearances by T.I. + Lil' Wayne. DC is some glamorous girls from Texas...how they gonna wanna guy who is street?!?! TLC, Salt-N-Pepa, Xscape...maybe...but not Destiny's Child. Anyways, after that, the album get really good again. "Cater 2 U" is a sweet-sounding R-N-B track thru' and thru.' "T-Shirt" is a sexy slow tempo R-N-B track produced by the one and only former A Touch Of Jazz producers Andre + Vidal!!! "Is She The Reason" is a steady-tempoed R-N-B/soul meets Hip-Hop track. Just has that timeless sound 2 it that reminds me of alot of mid-90's R-N-B production. "Girl" is a sunny-feeling R-N-B/Soul jam. One of those song uplifting 4 the females. "Bad Habit" is one of those relationship songs. Anyone in a relationship should be able 2 relate 2 the lyrics. Another great song. "If" has a retro-girl-group sound 2 it. Kinda has has a feeling from all recent eras in R-N-B from the '60 up thru' now. "Free" has another feel-good, sunny kinda feel 2 it. It's the kind song i like 2 listen 2 on a sunny Sunday in the car. "Through With Love" has this great piano arrangment adding some tension 2 the song which totally fits the love-gone-wrong lyrics. Very cool sound. The last track on this kinda short album is "Love" which is another great R-N-B song.

If u are an R-N-B fan or DC fan who hasn't gotten this album yet, do yourself a favor and do it!! So many R-N-B albums these days fall in2 the weak production and try 2 mix Hip-Hop in2 the music 2 much. This is a pure R-N-B album thru' and thru' and each song fits 2gether on it like a puzzle. This album is their best work since 1999 and is better than their solo albums. Since we've gotten 2 hear them on their solo albums, each member comes across with their own personality on this one. They each have equal shine on the album and they all wrote most of the material on it.

Off the topic of the album, on the "Loose My Breath" CD single, u can get the song "Game Over" as a b-side. I can't believe they left this song off the album, it would fit right in. If u like the album, get this single 4 the b-side.

Also, Wal-Mart has a Destiny's Child DVD priced at about $6 which has 5 music videos on it. Survivor, Emotions, and a solo video from each of them.

Edited by JumpinJack AJ

Thanks for the review AJ, this is gonna definately be the next R&B album that I'm gonna check out! :thumb:

thanxAJ, i was gonna get this album as soon as it came out bcoz ive been looking forward to it, but i decided to wait a little bit longer and get it for Christmas.

I love all of DC's stuff so i know i will really like the album, now i just have to find some ppl to come to the tour with me since most of my friends dont really like them. :sad6:

Thanx 4 the "lose my breath" tip too, i will get the single as well as the album.

I want to go to the tour aswell but all my friends would rather go see Ja Rule or Eminem not that they are touring her at the moment

Also don't worry about the single julie in the UK game over is on the album as a bonus track

on pop dirt.com hella people diss this album very badly , and say dc frontwoman b dosen't let the other girls shine

Who is gonna take the opinions of people who post on a site called "dirt.com" that serious. Either way, they sound like haters who are talking with no basis behind it. I have the album and all their solo albums. I know their voices and this is the 1st album in awhile where u can hear each of them equally.

Overseas, the single (which is 2 come out in a week or 2) has 2 remixes (club remixes i think) and a track not on the album (which isn't "Game Over").