JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJ&FP Rehearsing From The South for the 2017 Concert

Big Ted sent this to me on Facebook messenger. I makes me wish they shared all of these videos. I'm surprised "From Da South" was a song he remembered all the lyrics for.  So dope. Now millions of people are going to learn about it for the first time.

I finally came to my composure to post here this restores my faith in hip hop long live jjfp

• Admin

I love how Will just ripped that it one take! When he performed this for me it was exactly the same and then jeff said you forget men in blacks lyrics but remember this? Hah. Obviously one of Wills fav verses. They recorded the track in Jeff’s mums basement.

I think i have lost the MP3 of from da south during PC transfers over the years. Infact could do with digging up a lot of the B-Sides again. Will check my library later.

Such a tune, kinda gutted this wasn't done at the Blackpool show knowing that is was obviously one they would have smashed live.

Chuck d giving Will props on Twitter loving it!!!

First of all - this was dope! It's great to hear a straight-up rap track from Will. From Da South is fantastic and I'd never would've thought he'd ever do that live or in-studio. 

They must've shot so much footage that I hope it gets released. Clearly they did Brand New Funk so I hope they release that too. It looks like it could be part of some documentary or something. Fingers crossed!

• Admin
3 hours ago, DevilsJim89 said:

First of all - this was dope! It's great to hear a straight-up rap track from Will. From Da South is fantastic and I'd never would've thought he'd ever do that live or in-studio. 

They must've shot so much footage that I hope it gets released. Clearly they did Brand New Funk so I hope they release that too. It looks like it could be part of some documentary or something. Fingers crossed!

I said to Cris they should release it as a Netflix documentary and he did like the comment... fingers crossed.

Put it on YouTube originals will, more music fans go on YouTube....

9 hours ago, DevilsJim89 said:

They must've shot so much footage that I hope it gets released. Clearly they did Brand New Funk so I hope they release that too.

Yea, the 'BNF' performance from rehearsals was posted on Facebook shortly after the two 2017 concerts. I had the chance to watch it before they removed it (talked about it on this thread: http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/topic/16117-jazzy-jeff-and-fresh-prince-are-back-2-live-shows/?page=18). Hope Will or someone releases it just like 'From Da South'. Would be dope to see as much footage as possible!

Edited by Ale

• Admin
On 6/30/2019 at 8:34 PM, Ale said:

Yea, the 'BNF' performance from rehearsals was posted on Facebook shortly after the two 2017 concerts. I had the chance to watch it before they removed it (talked about it on this thread: http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/topic/16117-jazzy-jeff-and-fresh-prince-are-back-2-live-shows/?page=18). Hope Will or someone releases it just like 'From Da South'. Would be dope to see as much footage as possible!

Cris got in trouble for dropping it. He has some more goodies if wills people agree to put em out.