JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JAZZY JEFF AND FRESH PRINCE ARE BACK | 2 LIVE SHOWS

39 minutes ago, eagle1 said:

Before the shows?

Yes, there was a guy saying something like "an exclusive 'Brand New Funk' performance would be like a dream come true", so they did it for him. The footage was from the rehearsals, before the Croatia and UK shows. Don't know why it got deleted, but it was awesome.

Edited by Ale

• Members
1 hour ago, Ale said:

Yes, there was a guy saying something like "an exclusive 'Brand New Funk' performance would be like a dream come true", so they did it for him. The footage was from the rehearsals, before the Croatia and UK shows. Don't know why it got deleted, but it was awesome.

Ahhh I would love to see that!!:(

Ok if I've done this right, if you play that video, it should go onto the next song when it's finished. I'm missing the 2nd part of Nightmare and the 2nd part of I wanna rock. Other than that, it's pretty much the full concert.

Edited by Jazzy Julie

I love that this post is still buzzing from the performance. I'm SOOOOOOO hoping I get the chance to meet them when the US date(s) comes. I've seen them perform before, but not a full length concert.

I like that they put that official video for "Get Lit." You can hear the lyrics better since the bass overpowers all of the cellphone videos. A lot of articles were talking like "Get Lit" was a JJ+FP song. In the sense that Jeff scratches on it, that's true, but I'm assuming he didn't produce it. The wording he used when he shared the video seemed like he was trying to clarify that this was ultimately one of Will's songs. I felt like FP wasn't posting about the concerts as much initially, so I like that he started to once they had them. It shows that he was really proud of them.

I totally love Brakes' shirt too. I like all of their logos. The one they used for the first three albums is nostalgic to me. It's not necessary the most clever, but it reminds me of a my childhood. I like the Homebase font and Code Red logos equally. I feel like I'd want a shirt with the Hombase group font on the chest and the Code Red logo large on the back.

I'm rambling.  I'm still so happy that my favorite group of all time recently rocked shows after such a long time from doing it.

many old school artists do complete tours and don't get the buzz that these shows in blackpool have gotten, this is a big sign that JJFP still got that power in the industry, maybe this will get will to slow down his movie career for a bit and give us true heads more of what we want....

• Admin
On 07/09/2017 at 3:53 AM, JumpinJack AJ said:

I love that this post is still buzzing from the performance. I'm SOOOOOOO hoping I get the chance to meet them when the US date(s) comes. I've seen them perform before, but not a full length concert.

I like that they put that official video for "Get Lit." You can hear the lyrics better since the bass overpowers all of the cellphone videos. A lot of articles were talking like "Get Lit" was a JJ+FP song. In the sense that Jeff scratches on it, that's true, but I'm assuming he didn't produce it. The wording he used when he shared the video seemed like he was trying to clarify that this was ultimately one of Will's songs. I felt like FP wasn't posting about the concerts as much initially, so I like that he started to once they had them. It shows that he was really proud of them.

I totally love Brakes' shirt too. I like all of their logos. The one they used for the first three albums is nostalgic to me. It's not necessary the most clever, but it reminds me of a my childhood. I like the Homebase font and Code Red logos equally. I feel like I'd want a shirt with the Hombase group font on the chest and the Code Red logo large on the back.

I'm rambling.  I'm still so happy that my favorite group of all time recently rocked shows after such a long time from doing it.

There were these girls at the concert who had made hoodies with the home base JJFP logo they were dope!

• Admin
20 hours ago, bigted said:

many old school artists do complete tours and don't get the buzz that these shows in blackpool have gotten, this is a big sign that JJFP still got that power in the industry, maybe this will get will to slow down his movie career for a bit and give us true heads more of what we want....

Will is filming Aladdin now for 6 months, directly after that he's locked in for this ang lee movie filming dates have been set March 2018 - September 2018 and then he's doing another movie after that as well so I think the reality us we won't get any music stuff from Will for a long time... he might do the odd show and drop a track now and then but that's probably it

we all should feel grateful for these recent shows but at the same time it's bittersweet because he has a lot of passion for music but he lets acting get in the way...

Hi everyone, 

First and foremost, THANK YOU ALL for your continued support of JJFP. For those of you that got to come backstage and meet Jeff & Will, I think you felt there genuine appreciation for your continued support over the years. 

Putting these shows together was no easy task. When you try and schedule shows for one of the busiest movie stars in the world to perform with one of the busiest DJ's in the world it is quite challenging to say the least. But we DID IT! 

We are working on bringing the shows to other cities in Europe and to the US. It's just that pesky word - schedule - that seems to be the biggest obstacle. But don't fret! We are going to make more shows happen. And I promise, once I get confirmed dates I'll be sure to report in on the forum so you can all plan accordingly. 

To you guys that I met in Blackpool - it was SO NICE TO FINALLY MEET! 

To all the fans in cities we haven't visited yet, I look forward to meeting you all soon. 

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, thank you, thank you! 

This has made me so happy!!!!

Firstly, I had such an amazing time, I really want the rest of the forum to experience it. Secondly, I was prepared that this would probably be the only time I'd see JJFP but would love more shows. The show was so amazing, I'm totally saving all my money to travel to come see you guys again. I've got the bug, I want to see them again.

Im blown away by the reaction of Will, Jeff and the rest of you guys after these shows. I feel like it was just as much a special day for you as it was for us. I can't thank you again for the time you guys gave to us. I keep thinking back and looking at my pictures and smiling. You all did such an amazing job. It needs to be shared with the rest of the world!