JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JAZZY JEFF AND FRESH PRINCE ARE BACK | 2 LIVE SHOWS

• Members

Same not gonna YouTube any of it.

I reckon they are gonna play some new material either will has worked on or together, that would be awesome

Are we all gonna head into the festival together if we meet up? I reckon I can blag into the golden circle with the VIP ticket, it's their first time doing this so should be fairly easy

On 8/1/2017 at 2:31 PM, Hero1 said:

Yeah Jeff and an amazing band have been doing a full rehearsal today. Things to learn:

boom! Shame the room, summertime & getting jiggy wit it on the set list

they have lyrics on a screen for Will.

they have some awesome visuals to go with the show as well.

Cris, jeff's video guy is filming behind the scenes stuff, hoping he films the concert as well.

The concert is looking like it will be amazing. Jeff said we haven't performed for 20 years so when we are coming back they are coming back big! Jeff & Will were always known for their great live shows so if you've never seen them perform live before...be prepared to be blown away.

Boom! Shake The Room? That's a nice surprise, considering that Will has said he doesn't like that song. 

GUYS - LAST CALL for JJFP Fans

We all can see how great these shows are going to be, although there's a reasonable chance Will and Jeff will do other shows going forward.

We cannot guarantee that. With how Will's schedule is.

Check the those bank accounts. See if there are some great last minute deals you can get on flights. Any flights to Manchester airport will put you within an hour of the venue.

I want to see as many of us as possible there.

• Admin

Get excited:

The exciting news comes after Jazzy explained how he managed to persuade Will to reform their hip hop unit The Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff last year following the death of the show’s ‘Uncle Phil’, played by James Avery, during open heart surgery on New Year’s Eve 2013.

The pair released five albums together, and their Grammy-winning Summertime, before going their separate ways when Will’s Hollywood career took off.

Jazzy Jeff

GETTY - CONTRIBUTOR
Jazzy Jeff is to reunite with Will Smith later this month

Jazzy said: “This has been a long time coming. I have been fighting for it.

“Being one of the biggest movie guys in the world, it was really about Will’s schedule and freeing up the time.

“But Will’s heart is still in music - he keeps talking about it and bringing it up. I told him ‘listen, man, we need to satisfy that heart'.

Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff will perform at Livewire Festival in Blackpool

GETTY IMAGES - GETTY
Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff will perform at Livewire Festival in Blackpool

“So I ended up going out to California and I went to his house, and I sat down and explained to him how I would love to do a show and mapped it.

“I got him really excited and the next day he agreed, he said ‘we’re doing it’.

“We’ve always had offers, but because of his schedule we would always have to turn them down.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

ALAMY
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air cast

"I think what just happened when he said ‘let’s do something’, the first two offers were the festival in Croatia and Blackpool.”

Jazzy, who will headline Blackpool’s Livewire festival on Sunday, August 27, insisted that despite the huge time lapse since they last performed, he and Will would feel no nerves because they have been secretly gigging ever since.

Will was the main role in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

GETTY IMAGES - GETTY
Will was the main role in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

He said: “We have performed together a lot - when Will was in Suicide Squad we did a performance, and we did a performance at a friend’s wedding, but not everybody gets a chance to see that.

“The crazy thing about Will and I, we pretty much can perform right now without any rehearsal.

“It’s like you never forget how to ride a bike.

"We are definitely leaning heavily to a lot of the classic stuff.

"People aren’t coming to hear new stuff, they’re coming for stuff they know, so the nervousness or uneasiness you might have about performing - you’re not performing for people who don’t know who you are. This is a tribute.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1372020/the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-to-return-with-will-smith-20-years-after-it-last-aired-according-to-jazzy-jeff/amp/

• Admin
1 hour ago, fan 4ever said:

Great article!

I just upgraded my tickets from General Admission to Golden Circle... It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see them live so I had to get Golden Circle tickets!:clap:

Yes! The JJFP.com posse will be large in golden circle!!

• Members

Ahhh man I really wish I could come to this. But being in Canada the flight is just too much, especially since I have a baby coming in October. But if they come to North America I'm there instantly. I really hope they announce more shows soon!:(