JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Drug Talk

mixenmasta.b

• Members
WILL SMITH understands why so many celebrities turn to drugs for comfort - they falsely expect fame to hold the key to their happiness.

The ALI star acknowledges being famous often fails to live up to people's expectations as they unrealistically believe it will wipe away all their problems - when in fact it can leave an emotional void instead.

He says, "Fame can eat a lot of people up.

"You dream about something your whole life and the hope of attaining that is what you live for. Then you achieve it and you expect all your problems to go away because now you're famous and successful.

"You have got everything you wanted - fame, money, the woman that you love - and your hope now turns to reality.

"You have everything and then there's a horrible backlash when you realise, 'Oh s***, I'm still not happy'.

"That's the thing when you see people overdosing on drugs and fighting in bars in Hollywood.

"That's people hitting the realisation that they have got everything but they're still not happy."

It was in his interview with the sun newspaper here in the UK

[url="http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2004451631,00.html"]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2004451631,00.html[/url]

• Admin
[quote=pauleywood,Sep 29 2004, 09:27 PM]Most people forget that Will battled his demons too. Not nessesarily with drugs and alchohol but he did file for bankruptcy in 89 I believe. So the reason he seems so smart on it is that he's had a little adversity along the way and pushed through it.[/quote]
yeah "the rain" pretty much sums all that up :werd:

No doubt...we all make mistakes or take on more than we can handle. Living and learning is a talent only some people are smart enuff 2 accomplish. FP is definitly a good example of someone who learns from their mistakes.

However, i think IRS trouble is alot more respectable than drug addiction and stuff like that. Something like having trouble taking care of your money after making lots of it is something alot people might experience. We aren't exactly taught how 2 watch our expences when going thru' something like that. Drugs and alcohol are a totally different thing. Everybody knows they can be addicting (2 the weak IMO) and that they can screw up your life. I have alot less pity 4 people in that situation. They should know better and they still mess up their lives. Anybody else feel me on this subject!?