JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Talib Kweli - [I]The Beautiful Struggle[/I]

mfuqua23

YO guys, I just got Talib Album 2day. It came out 2day and I got it at Target. 13 tracks on it. I wasn't disappointed wit a single track. Honestly. I skimmed the 1st 7 in the car and listened 2 the whole cd in my room. It'z GREAT. Trust me, this is a great album 2 get. Here's a tracklist

1. Going Hard
2. Back Up Offa Me
3. Broken Glass
4. We Know feat. Faith Evans
5. A game
6. I Try feat. Mary J. Blige
7. Around My Way feat. John Legend
8. We Got The Beat feat. Res
9. Work It Out
10. Ghetto Show feat. Common & Anthony Hamilton
11. Black Girl Pain
12. Never Been In Love
13. Beautiful Struggle

Ok. Something I was surprised at was the lyrics and stuff was in the book. Kinda cool. I love alot of the hooks. Some of the punches I heard 2. "I'm surrounded by more Babys than Ashanti songs" (i thought that was funny). #4 has a real nice love vibe as a rap song. #6 was produced by Kanye. It'z a real great song. Mary sings like she's young again to me. Powerful voice. Not powerful powerful, but U know what I mean. #7, I 1st heard that on the [i]Chappelle Show[/i]. I got that version and the unfinshed version. Personally I think he could have had that same delivery on the cd, but he didn't. It was still real good. #8 is a personally favorite 4 me. Becuz I used 2 like some lite rock music when I was little. It'z something different 2 me. But the same. U kno? I love the Res singing "We got the beat 2 make the planet rock". Plus Talib adds this "zu-zu-zu...", but I still love it. #10 is cool too. Great collab between those 2. Couldn't really note Hamilton's performance. But it'z still a good song. #11 has a great note. A line I really liked was "They know the name, but they don't know the pain." (if U can understand that line's meaning. A lil more to it than what the usual may think). #12 got a nice hook and vibe. The last track is phat too. He mention that'z he's not political cuz he'z not messin wit politics. And then he names people (since I see it now, I'll list em...) "I'm on some KRS Ice Cube Chris Wallace ****/ Main Source De La Soul pumping 2pacalypse Now." Not a single track is bad 2 me. Some was a lil weird the 1st play or too much of the same, but it really isn't. About an hour of ya attention. U can vibe ya body and listen no problem. At least, I can.

If U a Talib Kweli fan, U gotta get this album. If ya curious bout Talib and heard at least one song, U gotta get this album. U get the album. Please promote it. 4 Real. 4 More info on Talib, check out his site...

[url="http://www.talibkweli.com/"]Talib Kweli's Website[/url]

• Members
I got it today and listened to about half of it. Kweli is pretty solid as usual. Not really a weak track....the only issue I have is that none of the tracks really grab me like some of his old ones did. Right now I'd say Reflection Eternal is prolly his best (apart from Black Star), Quality is his second, and this one is bringing up the rear.

Still dope though, don't misinterpret my feelings towards the album like it sucks cuz it doesn't.

It's kinda hard to top "Reflection Eternal", it kinda reminds me of how Nas has a hard time toppin' "Illmatic" and KRS topping "Criminal Minded", yeah it's important to make a strong debut, but they've all been solid since their debuts though! :dj: There's no doubt that I'm gonna pick up "The Beautiful Struggle" but I'm still trying to find where I could buy KRS' new album "Keep Right" without credit card 'cause like I said before I'm not planning on getting a credit card, I like to pay for everything in full like Rakim! :roll:

[quote=mfuqua23,Oct 1 2004, 01:37 PM]No no. Not like Rakim. Paid in Full. That should be the stores saying that. U can go Broke In Full tho. :kekeke:[/quote]
True, true! :roll: I'm serious though about wanting to get that "Keep Right" album I can't find it anywhere, nobody here ever tried to get it? Someone hook me up, I need that KRS album, I'm addicted to his rhymes, they make me feel high! :lolsign: