JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

SWV IS BACK!

JumpinJack AJ

One of the pivotal R-N-B groups of the 90's has returned!! SWV broke up at the end of the 90's and Coko had a moderately successful solo career before transitioning to gospel music where she also had some success. The last few years they've done some touring and now they are kicking things into overdrive.

Here is the new single, "Co-Sign" off of the upcoming album they are working on.

I'm loving this. They sound great and their chemistry hasn't faltered a bit over time. The production is solid and has a fresh but 90's vibe to it. This is probably the most excited I've been about R-N-B in awhile.

SWV's awesome, I'm feeling the new song, an SWV comeback is just what R&B needs, Coko's featured on one of my favorite songs from Keith Sweat's "Til The Mornin'" album called "My Valentine", I think it'd make the perfect proposal song for me one day:

• 1 month later...

SWV In Studio With Jazze Pha; Planning New Album

by Roman Wolfe January 23rd, 2012 @ 11:02am
20120123-091553.jpg?w=620
(AllHipHop News) Popular 90s R&B group SWV has announced they are working on a new album titled I Missed Us, which is due for release in April eOne Music/Mass Appeal Entertainment.
The women are in the studio with producer Jazze Pha and Brian M. Cox, who are both contributing production to the album.
The first single from the album is titled “Co-Sign,” which was produced by Lamb.
“It’s a great feeling to be back recording together again! Something special always happens when we come together,” the ladies said in a joint statement issued today (January 23).
SWV, which consists of group members Coko, Lelee and Taj, released their debut album It’s About Time in 1992.
That album alone consisted of hit singles like “I’m So Into You, “Right Here,” “Downtown,” “Weak” and “You’re Always On My Mind.”
I Missed Us will be released April 10, 2012 on eOne Music/Mass Appeal Entertainment.