JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

VH1 Lists 100 Greatest Songs Of The '00s

bigted

The list is not as bad as I thought it'd be considering all the mainstream trash that came out in the last 10 years but obviously this shows that music's not as groundbreaking as it was when I was growing up in the '90s:

http://blog.vh1.com/2011-09-29/the-100-greatest-songs-of-00s-complete-list/

most of the better songs came out in the earlier part of the 2000s, whatever's been good in recent years hasn't gotten much recognition while there's all the popular trash

yeah with the internet there was actually a bigger selection of songs that came out in the 2000s compared to what came out in the 1980s and 1990s

if the proper music got the right type of exposure the music industry would be in great shape right now instead of pushing the same junk over and over

i bet we could come up with a better list like we did with that mcs tournament since we got great taste in music

i'd probably list mostly hip hop and r&b songs since that's what i listen to most but i do like songs from other genres too, it's just that a lot of stuff in general has been watered down that it's hard to find what's good