JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fat Joe To Release First Mixtape Of Career

bigted

I'll try to give it a listen today.

Here's an article that was on AOL News today...

Fat Joe Calls Food His Crack, Says No Scale Could Weigh Him

• Posted Nov 2nd 2011 4:30PM

fat-joe-200-092211.jpgGetty Images
Fat Joe, who recently dropped over 100 pounds from his frame, thus becoming Not-So-Fat-Joe, has revealed that he actually never knew how much he weighed at his heaviest, as no scale he stepped on could compute his weight.

Joe publicly debuted his shrinking figure in his aptly-titled 'Drop a Body' music video back in June. Since then, the rapper has shed an additional 25 pounds and has opened up about how he reached his breaking point in his lifelong struggle with his weight.

Joe told WENN, "The scale wasn't big enough. I would say [i was] 400 pounds. If not 400, close to 400." The 41-year-old star, who previously admitted he was scared into a drastic lifestyle overhaul after seven of his friends suffered fatal heart attacks in their 30s, now weighs in at 260 pounds.

Joe went on to compare his addiction to food to a drug addiction. "I don't find it hard [to diet]. I'm addicted to food and I love to eat, but I don't find it hard at all ... It's like a crackhead," he claimed. he continued, "A crackhead just hits rock bottom and they realize they don't wanna smoke crack no more, you know what I'm saying? So I just said to myself, 'I don't wanna be overweight no more, I don't wanna be outta shape, I don't wanna be at risk of passing away and stuff like that so I gotta do the right thing.'"

So how can the average ... Joe ... shed the pounds too? "Be more active. I would say just walk," the rapper advised. "If you're a heavyset person, you're not gonna be able to jump or run around or do crazy stuff, so just walk ... for 20 minutes, 30 minutes with your headphones on, get your little walk on, walk with your friends and that's it. 30 minutes. Try your best to stay away from the rice, the bread, the pasta, because that's not our friend."

"I'm Fat Joe, you can't tell me that it's too hard. Can't nobody tell me it's too hard. I'm Fat Joe, the king of food. The self-proclaimed king! If I can do it, anybody can do it," Joe added.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't knock the brother for doing his thing, thanks for that article AJ...